In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2529
On this Board 1677Record: 6992 (11/25/2012)
Online now 2798Record: 9788 (12/4/2012)
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
I guess I am a little concerned about the status of our recruiting for 2011. I have always felt we needed to average at least a 10-12th ranked class over a period of several years to be in position to compete at the highest level in the SEC. With the excellent class last year, I am a little disappointed at where we stand right now. We seem to have significantly fewer "verbals" than our chief competitors and it bothers me. Do you all expect us to finish strong? I am also disappointed we can't sign at least one Top-10 rated RB. Gee-whiz, if you can't see we like to run the ball you are blind.
Where do you guys see us landing on signing day this week before the IB ?? Are we taking a big step back? Was last year a one-year wonder?
I would love some insightful viewpoints. PM?
Thanks and War Cam Eagle! Beat Bama!
Bryan Matthews posted an article on this very subject almost 2 weeks ago. Here's a link for you.
"Alabama fans love Alabama football, Auburn fans love Auburn" -- Patrick Fain Dye
I posted this the other day.
Saw this on another board:
* QB - Auburn is done here with the QB they wanted.
* QB Kiehl Frazier - 100%.
Total Number of Projected Commitments: 1
* RB - Auburn is looking for a "Speed Back" and a "Big Back".
* Speed Back
* RB Tre Mason - 70%. Left Auburn this weekend with the Tigers in the lead!
* RB Andrew Buie - 35%. Still high on Auburn, but with Mason loving Auburn right now, Buie may be left behind.
* RB Devondrick Nealy - 15%. A back up plan for Auburn at RB.
* RB Ameer Abdullah - 15%. In-state back has seen pickup in interest from Auburn, but still behind others on list of RB's.
* Big Back
* RB Javorius "Buck" Allen - 65%. Visited for Georgia game. Still Auburn's #1 "Big Back" prospect.
* RB Isaiah Crowell - 25%. Left Auburn after visit saying that he is now considering Auburn and will wait longer than expected to announce his decision. Georgia and Alabama were thought to be at the top.
* RB Alonzo Harris - 25%. In-state RB who could get a shot if Auburn were to miss on Allen.
* RB Demarcus James - 15%. In-state back who has seen interest increase recently, but still back on the list.
Tre Mason, Javorios "Buck" Allen
* WR - Auburn has 3 commitments and is looking for 1 more.
* WR Jaylon Denson - 100%. Having a good year at Hoover.
* WR Sammie Coates - 100%. Some think he could be better than Denson.
* ATH C.J. Uzomah - 100%. Highschool QB and WR.
* ATH Quan Bray - 70%. Will project in the slot. Could also be used on reverses. Similar to Trovon Reed.
Jaylon Denson, Sammie Coates, C.J. Uzomah, Quan Bray
* TE - Auburn is pursuing 1 guy here.
* TE Brandon Fulse - 55%. IF Fulse is to leave the state, Auburn is the place he'll go! Right now it seems to be Miami or Auburn. I've heard from many people that Auburn made a big move this weekend. This will be a battle.
* OL - Auburn has 2 commitments and is looking for 2 more
* OC Reese Dismukes - 100%. Solid to Auburn
* OG Thomas O'Reilly - 100%. Auburn's lone guard for this class.
* OT Shon Coleman - 95%. Will resign and then redshirt.
* OT Greg Robinson - 80%. The reason for the drop in Robinson's percentage is because recently he has had more in-state pressure. Auburn is still the team to beat though!
* OT La'El Collins - 20%. After his recent visit, Auburn has given the LSU commitment something to think about.
Reese Dismukes, Thomas O'Reilly, Greg Robinson, Shon Coleman
* DT - Auburn has 2 here and is looking at 2 more
* DT Angelo Blackson - 100%. Possibly the biggest "gem" of this years class.
* DT Jabrian Niles - 100%. Will play DT at Auburn despite playing DE in HS.
* DT Gabe Wright - 90%. Auburn is the clear favorite. * DT Devaunte Sigler - 55% Auburn was thought to be getting a commitment, but now will wait til the end of the year. Auburn still in the top group but timing of other commits will effect Sigler.
* DT Terry Bell - 30%. FSU and Auburn are the 2 teams. FSU is thought to be the leader, but Auburn is till in it.
* DT/DE Gavin Rocker - 30% As I said weeks ago, I still believe that there is a good chance that Rocker will be a late addition.
* DT Jonathan Jenkins - 15%. Commited to Ok. State, but Auburn is till heavily pursuing. A visit could help sway Jenkins.
Angelo Blackson, Jabrian Niles, Gabe Wright
* DE - Auburn has 1 commitment and is looking for 1 more.
* DE Keymiya Harrell - 100%. Solid to Auburn.
* DE Ray Drew - 30%. Auburn gained ground with visit this weekend, but Georgia is still the team to beat.
* DE Xzavier Dickson - 30%. High on Georgia and Alabama, but Auburn is still in this.
* DE Javonte Daniel - 20% Could get an offer if Auburn misses on Drew and Dickson.
* LB - Auburn has 2 commitments, 3 if you count Anthony Swain, and is still pursuing 1 more.
* LB Justin Garrett - 100%. Solid to Auburn.
* LB Chris Landrum - 100%. Suffered an ankle injury, but is expected to be healthy.
* LB/S Anthony Swain - 100%. Plays Safety, but could move to LB if needed. Will play wherever needed,
* ATH Kris Frost - 75%. Early on was sought after as a WR, but recently is wanted as a LB.
* LB Armonze Daniel - 15%. Great Prospect, but has grade issues. Would commit on spot.
Justin Garret, Chris Landrum, Anthony Swain, Kris Frost
* CB - Auburn has 1 commitment here, but many more will come.
* CB Jonatahan Rose - 100%. Will probably get a shot as a starter next year.
* CB Marcus Roberson - 80%. Auburn is still the team to beat.
* CB Robenson Therezie - 65%. Auburn leads and should stay in that spot.
* CB Bruce Dukes - 35%. Still needs a FIRM offer from Auburn, could get it late in the process.
* ATH Jermaine Whitehaed - 25%. MSU commitment. Visited for Georgia, Auburn is looking at him as a WR, but I think could be moved to CB. Still commited to State, but late in the process could get a strong push from Auburn.
* CB Frankie Williams - 20%. Could get an offer very late in the process.
Jonathan Rose, Marcus Roberson, Robenson Therezie
* S - Auburn is pursuing 1 Big target here, could add another late in the process.
* S Erique Florence - 90%. Auburn is in good shape here.
* S Wayne Lyons - 20%. High on others, but Auburn is still pursuing heavily! Especially after losing Izauea Lanier to grades.
* ATH Ameriol Finley - 20%. In-state ATH who could get a late offer. Could play S, CB, or WR, but Auburn may need help at S.
I will list the recruits in separate groups here depending on their position with Auburn.
We now have 13 commitments
1. QB Kiehl Frazier Springdale, AR Shiloh Christian 6'3" 212 RIVALS **** #4 QB ESPN **** #3 QB SCOUT **** #5 QB
2. WR Sammie Coates Leroy, AL Leroy 6'3" 170 RIVALS *** ESPN *** #68 WR SCOUT *** #48 WR
3. WR Jaylon Denson Hoover, AL Hoover 6'3" 190 RIVALS **** #19 WR ESPN *** #77 WR SCOUT *** #59 WR
4. OG Thomas O'Reilly Marietta, GA Pope 6'3" 313 RIVALS *** #19 OG ESPN **** #9 OG SCOUT *** #30 OG
5. C Reese Dismukes Spanish Fort, AL Spanish Fort 6'4" 287 RIVALS **** #4 OC ESPN **** #1 OC SCOUT **** #4 OC
6. DT/DE JaBrian Niles Mobile, AL Davidson 6'2" 270 RIVALS *** #30 SDE ESPN **** #19 DE SCOUT **** #29 DE
7. DT Angelo Blackson Bear, DE Red Lion Christian 6'5" 290 RIVALS *** #28 DT ESPN **** #13 DT SCOUT **** #25 DT
8. DE Keymiya Harrell Plantersville, AL Dallas County 6’5 235 RIVALS *** #22 WDE ESPN *** #36 DE SCOUT*** #59 DE
9. LB/S Anthony Swain Gadsden, AL Gadsden City 6'3" 215 RIVALS *** #29 S ESPN *** #25 S SCOUT *** #34 S
10. LB Chris Landrum Sweet Water, AL Sweet Water 6'2" 215 RIVALS *** #37 LB ESPN *** #98LB SCOUT *** #20 MLB
11. LB Justin Garret Tucker, GA Tucker 6'2" 185 RIVALS *** ESPN *** #79 LB SCOUT *** #14 OLB
12. CB Jonathan Rose Leeds, AL Leeds 6'2" 180 RIVALS **** #3 CB ESPN **** #12 CB SCOUT **** #18 CB
13. ATH C.J. Uzomah Suwannee, GA North Gwinnett 6'5" 230 RVALS *** #32 ATH ESPN *** #32 ATH SCOUT **** #11 TE
* Feel Good About....
14. RB Javorius "Buck" Allen
15. RB Tre Mason
16. WR Quan Bray
17. OT Greg Robinson
18. OT Shon Coleman
19. DT Gabe Wright
20. LB Kris Frost
21. CB Marcus Roberson
22. CB Robenson Therezie
23. S Erique Florence
* Comes Down Between....
24. TE Brandon Fulse - It's between The "U" or AU!
25. DT - 1 of Devaunte Sigler, Jonathan Jenkins, Terry Bell or Gavin Rocker
26. CB - 1 of Bruce Dukes or Jermaine Whitehead
* THE FINAL SPOT....
AND The Nominees for Final Spot of the year are....
( Listed in order of possibilty)
* DE Ray Drew
* ATH Ameriol Finley
* CB Frankie Williams
* DE Xzavier Dickson
* S Wayne Lyons
* DE Javonte Daniel
* OT La'El Collins
Auburn would love to add another DE and another S, but can only take 1 more.
If Auburn misses on Drew and Dickson, they will to add a Safety. My guess will be that Ameriol Finley will get that spot, but don't count out S Wayne Lyons....
I thought this was a really good breakdown. Like I said, I found it on another board. So I can not take credit for it. Bryan what do you think about it?
Thanks for this post. Very informative. I just hope the Big Dawgs do walk late to AU.
Great post, Aubt!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports