In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1997
On this Board 1248Record: 6992 (11/25/2012)
Online now 2351Record: 9788 (12/4/2012)
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
AUBURN - Trailing by a point at halftime, Auburn dominated the second half and opened the Southeastern Conference season with a 68-63 victory over LSU at Auburn Arena on Wednesday night.
The Tigers took a 12-point lead down the stretch and werenot threatened. LSU hit a 3 at the buzzer to cut the lead to the final score. Auburn won its second straight and evened its overall record at 7-7.
Greetings from Auburn Arena ...
The students are out in force for tonight's SEC opener against LSU. Other fans, not so much. Auburn has played two straight strong games, an 81-79 loss to No. 12 Illinois in Chicago and a 78-72 win over Florida State. LSU is 9-2, but the schedule has been anything but demanding.
It should be an interesting game. Check back often for updates and opinions.
* Allen Payne, hot in the last game, cans a 3-pointer to give Auburn a 3-0 lead with 18:45 left.
* We'rehaving Internet connectivity issues. I'll do the best I can. Auburn leads 9-3 with 15:48 left after Rob Chubb goes over two defenders.
* Shaq Johnson slams home a dunk and it's 11-3 with 15:30 left.
* LSU hits a 3 and Brian Greene Jr. matches it. It's 14-6 with 14:10 left.
* Auburn leads 14-8 at the media timeout with 11:52 left. LSU is double-teaming Frankie Sullivan on almost every trip. He has yet to take a shot.
* Sullivan hits a 3 on an inbounds play and Auburn leads 17-11 with 10 minutes left.
* Auburn leads 21-18 with 5:34 left. Auburn giving up too many turnovers and too many second shots.
* LSU has missed two straight point-blank shots and Auburn clings to a 22-20 lead at the last media timeout with 3:23 left.
* LSU ties it at 22 with 2;36 left.
* LSU converts a stoln inbounds pass into a basket and leads 24-22. Auburn struggling on both ends right now.
* Chubb fouled on a rebound and makes one free throw. It's 24-23, LSU.
* LSU maks it 26-23 and Payne answers to make it 26-25.
* Payne again on a jumper to give Auburn the lead27-26 with 25 seconds left.
* LSU gets yet another easy basket and leads 28-27 at halftime. Johnson slammed home a dunk, but it was after the buzzer.
* LSU starts the second half with a 3-pointer after getting an offenive rebound to take a 31-27 lead.
* A steal and a layup makes it 33-27 and Tony Barbee calls timeout with 19:01 left.
* I asked former Auburn coach Sonny Smith at halftime why LSU was getting so many easy shots. He said LSU's guards are playing Auburn's guards very physically and that, with Chris Denson and Jordan Price sidelined with injuries, Barbee doesn't have enough depth in the backcourt. The result, he said, is that Auburn's guards wore down late in the first half, allowing LSU's guards to get to the basket and to close on a 17-7 run.
* Brian Greene Jr. attacks the basket and it's 33-29, LSU.
* Chubb on a hook shot and it's 33-31 with 16:30 left.
* LSU leads 35-31 at the first media timeout with 15:25 left. Josh Wallace will be at the line shooting two coming out.
* Wallace makes two and it's 35-33.
* LSU answers to make it 37-33.
* A Payne basket and a Wallace steal and layup give Auburn a 39-37 lead with 13:25 left.
* A Sullivan 3 makes it 42-37 and LSU answers to make ti 42-39 with 12:40 left.
* At the second media timeout with 11:33 left, Auburn leads 44-39.
* Noel Johnson hits his first 3 of the game and it's 47-39 with 10 minutes left.
* Johnson hits a jumper and Auburn leads 49-39 with nine minutes left.
* Shaq Johnson hits two free throws and Auburn leads 51-40 with 8:16 left.
* Sulivan's driving layup puts Auburn up 60-48. LSU answers and calls timeout with 3:35 left. Auburn leads 60-50. It's Auburn's game to win. Free throws are likely to be crucial.
This post has been edited 20 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall on 1/9/2013 at 10:00 PM
The game is on CSS.
Lead Singer/Guitarist for BrokenRail, founded in AUBURN - Ask about our Football Song for AU "BOOM (All In)" featured on ESPN!!
Attitude is Everything
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports