In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I was kidding ... can't accept any freebees
On Twitter: @Niebuhr247
1. Grew up in Enterprise,AL (18 yrs)
2. Cutt's Restaurant (home style cooking). I lived on pulled pork, mashed potatoes, butter beans, and sweet tea.
3. If you ever make it to NE Louisiana, PM me and I've got some suggestions here in the Monroe/West Monroe area.
That's easy to fix...you pay!
1) Huntsville, AL
2) Tim's Cajun Kitchen
3) Cajun food obviously, but they actually have the best wings I've ever had. They smoke them, then fry them, so they're crispy and have no day on them, then they put a Cajun buffalo sauce on them. Incredible...
For an appetizer I love their fried green tomatoes with the little shrimp on top, excellent.
I love the place and a little trivia to go with great food is that the place is over 100 years old.
Here are some places I've found more the one good meal...
Foley, AL-County Rd 10 Down South BBQ
Orange Beach -Flora-Bama Yacht Club (new), The Gulf (new)
Josephine- Pirates Cove (best by boat and after several bushwhackers)
Fairhope- Fish River Grill, Camelia Cafe, Master Joe's, The Wash House
Montgomery - Hamburger King, Chris' Hotdogs, Sam's BBQ, Pizza Kitchen
Dora- Greentop BBQ
Mobile- The Dew Drop, The Brick Pit
Auburn- Momma Goldberg's (only the original will do)
Troy- The Half Shell
Birmingham- Bottega (cafe), Little Savannah
The Koikos brothers are good guys and have always been very good to me. I figure that I can eat at the national chains at home, when I travel I love to find the local establishments.
For Jefferson county I would also like to suggest John's if they are still open. John's was on 20th. Street downtown for years. The Fish Market is also excellent. If barbecue is your pleasure you are in luck if you are around Birmingham. Having visited a lot of cities in America and around the world I am strongly of the opinion that Birmingham has the best cue of anyplace I have ever been. I won't back up from that one.
This is what it looks like when a man makes heaven
come out of his six string
I'm in Oxford alabama about an hour and 15 mins west of Atlanta on I20. Depends on what your feeling I could tell you what is good and what isn't.
1. Ruth's Chris south of the Vulcan
2. Bright Star in Bessemer
3. Top Hat BBQ (The original one on Hwy 31 Blount Springs Exit off I-65, just south of Cullman)
4. Jimmy G's BBQ in Tallassee, AL... Look for the pig, you won't miss it.
5. Flopper's Seafood Shack in Loxley, AL... East of Mobile near Daphne, I believe.
6. Milo's is good in a pinch
7. Nicky's by the Farmers Market on the north side of Bham.
8. Lee's Chicken in Jasper
Those are the only places I really miss.
"So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth."... Rev. 3:16
Not from Bama, but I can get you on Atlanta Athletic Club of Johns Creek.
The Top Hat has great barbecue and so does Green Top on highway 78 in Sumiton.
WAR F. EAGLE
2010 BCS National Champs
Gulf Shores, AL
Sunset Cork Room or Tin Top
Both are Seafood & Steaks
1. Phenix City, Alabama
2. Hog Rock BBQ
3. #2 answers #3
4. Great service, great folks that own it, etc, etc!
Now, I grew up in Demopolis, Alabama, and since then I've been back a few times to go hunting. They have a restaurant there, again another BBQ/"Down Home Cooking" facility, located on Hwy 80 w, a mile or two before you get to Pruitt's (Chris Cameron owns it now, one of my good friends) Convenience store (I think its still a Chevron). I don't know the name but it has every plate that you could ever imagine as being labeled as "Down Home" cooking. Its also close to the Wally World there.
Demop also has several other restaurants there, so you could stop at a convenience store and ask for about anything depending on what you are in the mood for. The Red Barn is another good one if you get there around time for supper. Great steaks, etc, etc!
Setting a high bar saves a ton of grief later.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports