In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I'm gonna be on the road a good bit this summer/fall in Alabama.
And I need your help.
If you're from Alabama or live there now, please name your .....
2. favorite place to eat there
3. what kind of food it is
I'll eat just about anything -- so don't worry about that.
In a future thread, I'll be begging you guys and gals for golf hookups.
On Twitter: @Niebuhr247
Grew up in Birmingham area but where ever you may be in Alabama, find your way to the Bright Star in Bessemer.
I'm not from AL, but have lived in multiple places in that state. Felix fish camp grill, in Mobile, is by far my favorite restaurant. I think you can guess the menu.
I Believe Auburn and Love IT...4 Life!
You should prepare yourself to live with the consequences of your decisions, whatever they may be.
If you end up in Cullman, you got to eat at the Allsteak res. best home made orange rolls on face of earth!!!!!!
(P.s. owned by AU grad Matt.)
This post was edited by Exit 310 14 months ago
"A CHAMPION NEVER TAKES SHORTCUTS HE ALWAYS PAYS THE COST TO BE THE BOSS"
Been working in the Bessemer area for the past three weeks or so and tried this place a cple days ago. Fantastic lunch. Hope to try it for dinner soon.
Fearless and true.
Keith, Next time you are in the Newnan /Peachtree City area, round of golf on me.
True good food with a Greek flair. For newer fare in B'ham, try Dyron's Low Country in the Crestline area of Mountain Brook. Let me know and I will meet you there, my treat. I am less than a mile away. Another place is Gian Marcos in the Edgewood section of Homewood...Italian. Of course, we have multiple McDonald's locations for breakfast and lunch so you can save cash for these slightly more than moderate priced dinners.
This post was edited by 1981WarEagle 14 months ago
"The thing about quotes from the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln
1) Muscle Shoals area
2) George's Steak Pit in Sheffield
3) Steaks and Seafood
I can be there in 20 minutes!!!
Killer burgers and other goodness
Run to the Hills! Run for your lives! We Comin'!!! WDE!
Good ole boys
Steak and catfish...... And you can meet both of them outside. The pond is right the and the cattle just roam around.
If you cant be honest....whats the point of being anything?
Mobile, and I will hook ya up here man. I will name the places by types of food:
1. Great Burger- Callaghan's (better have GPS or you will not find it)
2. Fine Dining seafood- Felix's Fish Camp
3. Fine dining-The Union in Downtown Mobile (new place & FANTASTIC!!!)
4. Fried seafood- Bluegill (I dread saying that, but they do their thing well)
5. Upscale Mexican- OK Bicycle Shop (best part is the place next door sells sushi, owned by same owners, so you can get fish tacos & sushi on the same ticket & table). =)
6. Cajun faire- The Hungry Owl (great food & if you are hungry as hell try the Stuffed Tony Burger, Conecuh Sausage, Cheese, & jalapeno stuffed burger with bacon & cheese).
7. Sports Bar food- Heroes Downtown or Heroes USA (same place in two places in Mobile. Consistent food period, their signature sandwich "The Clipper" is AMAZING!!!)
8. Pizza- Mellow Mushroom (two locations, Picklefish is good too, but new owners it isn't the AMAZING pizza it used to be, Mellow own best pizza title).
9. Bar B Q- TIE- (for thick, great sauce) The Brick Pit. (If you like vinegar based sauce) Moe's Bar B Que.
10. Wings- TIE- Moe's buffalo wings (are smoked first then flash fried, also they don't drown your wings in sauce, you actually get flavor) or Buck's Pizza in Downtown Mobile (NO DOUBT get the Asian Sweet & Spicy wings, they are freaking amazing!!!!!)
11. Great local lunch spot- McGhee's on the Hill (very small place, but everything on the menu is fantastic.
12. Down home southern food- Judy's Place (I am telling you now, the food is FANTASTIC, the portions are HUGE, & it is always filled with locals for lunch. Don't make plans after eating at Judy's, you will need a nap).
That should help you Keith until you start finding places on you own. Honestly, when you get around the stucco corporate joints, you can find GREAT food. Most of these places are in the Downtown & Midtown area. Hope you enjoy it, & I hope you are here reporting D Craig signing another one of Mobile's top players.
"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on you sister."- Hank Moody, 'Californication'
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports