In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Every day there are questions that start with why...
- why doesn't Mason get more carries?
- why does Wallace come in only to run the same play when everyone knows he is going to?
- why did we burn Wallace's redshirt when he only does what KF is supposed to be able to do?
- why do our offensive plays seem so elementary that a pop warner coach could defend it?
- why do we do away with the things that work?
- why can even bad defenses complete stuff our offense like they know our gameplan and signals?
- why is there no creativity in the offensive playcalling?
- why don't we have an idenitity?
- why do the players play with no inspiration or toughness?
- why do we continue to run Mcaleb up the middle?
- why don't we use Prosch more as an All- American fullback?
- why do we run the jet sweep to the short side of the field ad nasuem?
- why are we keeping our young talent on the bench?
- why didn't we place Cassanova consistenly before last game?
- why doesn't Blakely get to run the ball at least sometimes to help Mason's legs stay fresh?
- why did we go to a pro-style when we had no QB who could remotely play in that offense?
- why didn't we do what needed to be done to keep Trotter around?
- why didn't Loeffler get to bring any assistants?
- why doesn't Florence or Therezie ever see the field, and in many cases, dress out?
- why do we have 3 top 10 recrutiing classes but cannot beat Vanderbilt or Ole Miss, or fill in the blank?
- why is Paul Rhodes able to compete at Iowa State but Gene Chizik couldn't?
- why, why why?
Oddly enough there is one answer for every single one of those questions- Gene Chizik is a very bad head coach. He is arrogant, stubborn and oblivious to the fact that he is not a good coach. He meddles for 1 reason, He thinks he knows more than his coordinators.
If you take out the Cam year and include every other year, including those at Iowa State, the results are very much the same. For the remainder of our season, how many of you would love to see Chizik off of the sideline and just allowing our coordinators to do their job as they so choose. I am confident we would look like a totally different team. Not saying we would be great, just different. And who knows, different could be a hell of a lot better than what we are seeing now. It would be hard to look much worse...
This post was edited by jbt 18 months ago
Here's a tip. Finebaum has nothing to do with Auburn's complete meltdown this year. Maybe you should stop blaming others and take a hard look at our football program. How can Auburn University be the worst team in the SEC?????? Explain, please. I'd love to hear it.
I wish I could give more than one up vote. Very well done post, I think. Let the horses run, Gene! See what happens... what could it hurt?
da Gus Bus
First, I'm pretty sure Phillip warned you loud and clear about name calling and insults.
Second....as others have done....please explain how we are the 14th best team in the SEC. Please explain it so that Chizik bears no responsibility for it.
How is it possible? How do you explain a football team at Auburn that is 1-6 and not land the overall blame on the man in charge?
I don't listen to Finebaum. I don't read Skarbinsky. I haven't heard Auburn mentioned three times on ESPN since we went in the tank. And not one of those times did they actually attempt to spell out Chizik's failures. They only mention what we can all see....two years ago we won the title, now we're in the basement and our coach is on the hotseat.
I fail to see how any brainwashing can occur in the scenario above.
And band, if Philip bans you for you consistent name calling and insults, I think it would be a good idea for you to ponder the fact that it would be you, a person constantly praising Chizik for his Christian character, that has been banned from an Auburn website for name calling and insults.
Is that ironic or what? The person screaming the loudest for others to respect Christian character....and he's no longer around because he was banned for being confrontational, rude, and insulting to others?
Go listen to "Jesus Friend of Sinners" by Casting Crowns.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by jadennis 18 months ago
This is what it looks like when a man makes heaven
come out of his six string
At first, I respected your stance to save Chizik. But now you have become annoying. Wake up. Our football program sucks and it sucks with good talent. Its coaching. Plain and simple. Open your eyes. We play to win the game.
“they ain't got nothing but people...Alabama mystique...Georgia mystique...they’ve done it with people. Hell, we’ve got people, too.”Pat Dye
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports