In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Taboo Subjects ... Okay, now that we have a new head coach and soon an entire new staff, I would like your opinion as AU fans on the following:
1) Alternate uniforms / orange jerseys - I have always been a traditionalist and proud that AU has kept the same look for six decades, but recently I have had a change of heart looking at other traditional schools who have allowed changes, i.e. Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia, etc. I think that multiple looks are considered very cool to most players today. In fact, I think it is becoming the norm. If it can be done with taste (and not abuse like Mississippi State) would you be for this? And no helmet changes of course, unless going back to the side numerals like the early 60s!
2) Should Auburn continue to retire players jersey numbers? "34", "7", "88". Have we even retired Cam's Number "2"? Not that it should ever be the reason for a recruit to pick a school, but these kids are selfish! And I doubt that Bo, Pat, Terry, and Cam would even care if it would help Auburn.
3) Does Auburn need to have a "Trooper Taylor" type to recruit Top 10 classes? We are the 13th winningest program in NCAA history and won the NC just two years ago. Is this needed to succeed in recruiting at the highest level today?
4) Do we embrace the fact that we are a state school in the State of Alabama, even if we are not "The University of ...." nor carry the name "Alabama" in our title as we officially used to (API)? Should we continue to be viewed as the "rebel / individualist / independent school" in the state? We could run out on to Pat Dye Field bearing the State flag, but we do not. We could place a sticker of our "home state" on the back of our helmets as many state teams (and even private school teams) do, but we don't. Should we? Why not try to gain more "love" within the state?
Fearless and true.
Alabama delenda est.
Attitude is Everything
1. I've got an idea... let's look like a GOOD football team!? That would surely be a different look. I get the attraction to this idea...but it's really not who we are. We have the best home jerseys anywhere. If we're going to do something different, let's do it on the road.
2. Yeah I thnk so. And the '2' on offense should be retired, as well.
3. Not exactly a CTT clone but we do need someone to spearhead the recruiting initiative who has a dynamic personality.
4. Meh. In this state, you love who you love. If you're a turd you're going to be a turd no matter what. If your a tiger, same deal. Nothing superficial is going to change that. Nothing symbolic is going to change that. I would actually suggest that having the average fan think that we're in west Georgia rather than Alabama would actually serve to enhance our image. I get what you're saying but you're tilting at windmills on this one.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports