In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Greetings from very warm Hoover Metropolitan Stadium.
No. 6 seed Ole Miss eliminated No. 11 seed Kentucky 4-1 in the tournament's first game. The Wildcats completed a late-season collapse that saw them go 2-8 in their last 10 games against SEC teams and fall out of contention for an NCAA regional bid.
No. 10 seed Auburn and No. 7 seed Alabama are up next in a game with significant postseason implications. The game will start at a little after 12:30 p.m.
Junior third baseman Damek Tomscha will return to the lineup in place of senior Mitchell Self, who had a career weekend in Auburn's series win over Arkansas. Tomscha was out with a slight groin strain.
Here are the lineups for today's game:
Hunter Kelley RF
Cullen Wacker LF
Garrett Cooper 1B
Patrick Savage DH
Dan Glevenyak SS
Jordan Ebert 2B
Ryan Tella CF
Damek Tomscha 3B
Blake Austin C
Conner Kendrick RHP 5-3, 2.03 ERA
Kenny Roberts 3B
Georgie Salem CF
Kyle Ovderstreet 2B
Ben Moore LF
Mikey White SS
Austen Smith 1B
Brett Booth C
Andrew Miller LF
Chance Vincent DH
Justin Kamplain LHP 1-0, 4.53 ERA
* The crowd is shockingly small. Maybe half full .
TOP OF FIRST INNING
* Kelley raps a 2-2 pitch up the middle for a base hit.
* Wacker hit by a pitch on a 2-2 count. Runners on first and second.
* Cooper oines out to center. After turning the wrong way, Salem makes a nice running catch. Kelley goes to third.
* Savage strikes out and Wacker is caught stealing. Good start to the inning comes to nothing.Wacker got caught in a rundown, but Kelley never took off for home. Not sure why.
BOTTOM OF FIRST
* Roberts walks on four pitches. Not a good start for Kendrick. Everything was up.
* Salem bunts. Tomscha's throw beats Roberts at second, but Glevenyak is off the base. They gave an error to Tomscha. Bad call. No reason for Glevenyak not to stay on the base. First and second. Nobody out.
* Overstreet sacrifices the runners to second and third.
* Moore grounds out to shortstop, scoring Roberts. Walk comes back to haunt Kendrick, who hasn't been as sharp as usual so far. Runner on third. Two outs.
* Terrific play by Ryan Tella! He makes a diving catch on White's sinking liner to end the inning. Alabama scores and unearned run and leads 1-0.
TOP OF SECOND
* Glevenyak puts down a surprise bunt and beats it out for a hit.
* Ebert flies out to right on the first pitch.
* Tella reaches first on catcher's interference on a 3-2 pitch. Runners and first and second. One out, runners on first and second.
* Tomscha swings at the first pitch and flies out to center. Both Auburn outs this inning have been on first pitches.
* Austin grounds out to second. Another opportunity missed. Auburn has left four runners on base already. Shades of earlier in the season.
BOTTOM OF SECOND
* Smith flies out to right.
* Booth grounds out to second.
* Miller grounds out to second. Inning over. Much more Kendrick-like.
TOP OF THIRD
* Kelley strikes out swinging on a 2-2 count.
* Wacker walks on a 3-2 pitch.
* Cooper walks on a 3-2 count. Auburn has two on with one out for the third consecutive inning.
* Savage lines a 2-2 pitch into the left field corner for a double, scoring Wacker and tying the game. Runners on second and third. One out. Good at-bat for savage, who fouled off three pitches before getting one he liked.
* Glevenyak's sacrifice fly to right scores Cooper and Auburn leads 2-1 with two outs and a runner on third.
* Ebert beats out a slow roller for an infield hit and Cooper scores. Auburn leads 3-1.
* Tella grounds out to second to end the inning, but it was a good one for Auburn.
BOTTOM OF THIRD
* Vincent lines out to first. Diving catch by Cooper. Probably saved a double.
* Roberts walks after falling behind 1-2. Both pitchers are throwing lots of pitches. This one could eventually be decided by the bullpens.
* Kendrick goes 2-0 on Salem and gets a visit from head coach John Pawlowski. Salem hits into a fielder's choice, second to shortstop. Roberts out. Salem too fast to double up. Two outs.
* Overstreet grounds out to second on the first pitch. Inning over.
TOP OF FOURTH
* Right-hander Jay Shaw, who has pitched just six innings in SEC play, on to pitch.
* Tomscha singles just inside the bag at first.
* Austin sacrifices Tomscha to second.
* Kelley is called out on strikes. Bad at-bat against the kind of pitcher that gives Auburn trouble. Doesn't throw hard at all.
* Wacker grounds out to second. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FOURTH
* Moore singles to left to break up Kendrick's no-hitter.
* White flies out to right.
* Smith singles to right and goes to second on the throw. Second and third. One out. Big opportunity for Alabama.
* Booth bloops a single to center and it's 3-2. Runners on first and third. Still one out.
* Terrific play ends the inning. Tomscha makes a stab behind the bag, goes to second and Ebert makes a terrific turn to turn the double play. Auburn clings to the lead, 3-2 through four.
TOP OF FIFTH
* Cooper lines a single to right.
* Savage hits into an easy 4-3 double play. Why wasn't he bunting? I don't know.
* Glevenyak flies out to right.
* Missed opportunities have kept Auburn from pulling away. Will they come back to haunt the Tigers? We will see.
BOTTOM OF FIFTH
* The crowd has improved, but it's still not near what was expected or what crowds for previous Auburn-Alabama tournament games have been.
* Vincent flies out to center.
* Roberts flies out to right.
* Salem reaches when Glevenyak boots a groundball. Really no reason for that.
* Overstreet strikes out on a checked swing. Inning over. Error doesn't hurt.
TOP OF SIXTH
* Ebert grounds out to shortstop on the first pitch.
* Tella grounds out to second.
* Tomscha grounds out to shortstop.
* Auburn hitters can't figure this guy out, it seems. Others haven't had so much trouble. In his six SEC appearances going into this game, opposing batters were hitting .400. He has, we are told, looked good in his last two outings. He has certainly looked good today, or Auburn hitters have looked bad against him, or both.
BOTTOM OF SIXTH
* Moore's popup finds a landing place in right for a base hit
* White singles to center. Moore takes third on a close play. First and third, one out. Big opportunity for Alabama.
* Smith doubles to left and we're tied. Kendrick seems to have lost it. Runners on second and third. Nobody out. That;'s all for Kendrick, who was really good at times and not so good at times. Reid Carter on to pitch for Auburn in a very tough situation.
* Booth strike out swinging. That's a good start for Carter.
* Miller draws on an intentional walk to load the bases.
* Vincent grounds to Carter, who makes a really nice play and throws home for the force. Two outs.
* Roberts grounds out to first. Inning over.
* That's a downright Houdini-like performance for Carter. He went in with runners on second and third and nobody out and they stayed right there. It's 3-3 through six.
TOP OF SEVENTH
* Austin grounds out to third.
* Kelley singles to center.
* Wacker lines a single to center. Second and third and one out. Auburn has had this a lot in this game.
* Cooper hits into a 6-4-3 double play. Great, diving stop by White at shortstop, tosses it with his glove to Overstreet, who throws to first. Have to give them credit. Great play. Inning over. If Auburn doesn't win this game, lost opportunities will be a large part of the reason.
BOTTOM OF SEVENTH
* Salem flies out to center.
* Overstreet flies out to right.
* Moore strikes out swinging. Carter is dealing. We go to the eighth.
TOP OF EIGHTH
* Savage lines out to right.
* Glevenyak walks on a full count.
* Ebert flies out to short center.
* Tella flies out to left on the first pitch. Inning over.
* Lots of first-pitch swinging by the Tigers today, which is just what Gabe Gross does not teach. They did a good job of taking the starting pitcher deep into counts. Not so much since.
BOTTOM OF EIGHTH
* White strikes out swinging.
* Smith beats out an infield hit to deep shortstop. Nothing Glevenyak could do there.
* That's it for Carter. Auburn turns to closer Terrance Dedrick.
* Smith doubles to right. Runners on second and third.
* Miller intentionally walked to load the bases.
* Vincent hits into what could have been a double play, but Ebert can't handle it and it goes for an infield hit. Alabama leads 4-3.
* Roberts hits a sacrifice fly, it's 5-3 and Auburn is on the verge of a very disheartening loss. Another run scores on a wild pitch and it's 6-3. My goodness.
* Salem flies out to left to end it at last, but Auburn is down to its last out trailing 6-3.
TOP OF NINTH
* Castilllo on to pitch.
* Tomscha strikes out.
* Austin grounds out to first.
* Kelley grounds out to shorstop and the game is over. Is Auburn's season over? My guessis that it is.
Alabama 6, Auburn 3
This post has been edited 36 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall 14 months ago
Dis here is gonna be juicy.
I Believe Auburn and Love IT...4 Life!
You should prepare yourself to live with the consequences of your decisions, whatever they may be.
WAR DAMN EAGLE
Tella saved a run. Great catch. Walk and unearned run. The season in a nutshell
lets go Tigers
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." Teddy Roosevelt
Update? I'm in Vermont & you're my only link!
Not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports