In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1432
Online now 1341 Record: 9788 (12/4/2012)
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Auburn defeated Alabama 6-3 Tuesday at Riverwalk Stadium to win its fifth consecutive Capital City Classic. Reliever Conner Kendrick pitched six hitless innings and was named the game's MVP.
Kendrick has pitched 16 1/3 innings this season and has given up four hits and no runs. He has walked five and struck out 22.
Greetings from Montgomery's Riverwalk Stadium and the Capital City Classic baseball game between Auburn and Alabama. Right-hander Dillon Ortman is on the mound for Auburn. Left-hander Taylor Guilbeau is on the mound for Alabama. Alabama is the home team and Auburn will bat first. Auburn head football coach Gus Malzahn has thrown out the first pitch and some players and coaches have shaved their heads in support of cancer research. It's time to play.
Auburn has won four consecutive Capital City Classics, all the ones played at Riverwalk Stadium.
TOP OF FIRST INNING
* After striking out Burgreen and Glevenyak, Guilbeau walks Tella on a 3-2 count.
* A balk sends Tella to second. Tella goes to third on a wild pitch.
* Tomscha walks on a 3-2 count. Runners on first and third.
* Wacker is hit by a pitch and the bases are loaded for Garrett Cooper.
* Cooper goes to 3-0, then grounds the 3-1 pitch to shortstop. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FIRST
* After a leadoff bunt single, Burgreen makes a nice catch in right field for the first out.
* Booth strikes out and the inning is over.
TOP OF SECOND
* Savage walks on four pitches.
* Austin grounds into a double play to deep shortstop. Two down.
* Jordan Ebert pops a single to right field to run his hitting streak to 10 games.
* Burgreen flies out to center. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF SECOND
* Ortman gives up a walk and a two-out hit. Runners on first and second.
* Ryan Blanchard grounds out to third and the inning is over. We're scoreless through two.
TOP OF THIRD
* Nothing doing for the Tigers. Three up and three down. Very efficient inning for Guilbeau, the epitome of a soft tosser. Eight pitches.
BOTTOM OF THIRD
* Ortman mows down the top three hitters in Alabama's batting order. We are scoreless through three.
TOP OF FOURTH
* Cooper draws a one-out walk.
* Savage walks. Runners on first and second.
* Austin singles to left. Bases are loaded with one out.
* Ebert flies out to deep right, scoring Cooper. Savage goes to third. Auburn leads 1-0 with two out and runners on first and third.
* Burgreen lines out. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FOURTH
* After Auburn takes the lead, Ortman promptly walks the leadoff hitter. Enough to make John Pawlowski pull his hair out, no doubt.
* And he walks another one. First and second. Nobody out.
* Austen Smith doubles in one run to tie the game. Runners on second and third. Nobody out.
* Glevenyak boots a routine grounder, scoring another run. Alabama takes a 2-1 lead. Runners on first and third. Nobody out.
* That's it for Ortman. Conner Kendrick on to pitch.
* Alabama tries a squeeze with no outs. Nothing dong. Runner out at home. Runners on first and second. One out.
* Blanchard strikes out swinging.
* A ground ball goes through Tomscha's legs. Another routine play. Run scores. Alabama leads 3-1.
* White strikes out and the inning is over. Bad one, though, for Auburn- two walks, two errors.
TOP OF FIFTH
* Right-hander Tucker Hawley on to pitch for Alabama.
* Glevenyak walks on a 3-1 pitch.
* Tella singles to center. Runners on first and second.
* Tomscha sacrifices runners to second and third.
* Wacker grounds out to second, scoring Glevenyak. It's 3-2.
* Shortstop Mike White boots Cooper's routine ground ball and it's 3-3.
* Savage ropes a single to center. Runners on first and second.
* Kenny Roberts throws it away to first on Austin's routine grounder. Another run scores. Auburn leads 4-3 with runners on second and third with two outs.
* Ebert lines out to center. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FIFTH
* Glevenyak boots another routine grounder with two outs and nobody on, but makes a nice play to retire the side.
TOP OF SIXTH
* Right-hander Keaton Haack on to pitch for Alabama.
* Three up and three down for Auburn. Tigers lead 4-3.
BOTTOM OF SIXTH
* Kendrick dominating. He strikes out the side. We go to the seventh with Auburn leading 4-3.
TOP OF SEVENTH
Nothing doing for Auburn. It's still 4-3.
BOTTOM OF SEVENTH
And nothing doing for Alabama.
TOP OF THE EIGHTH
* And three up and three down for Auburn.
BOTTOM OF EIGHTH
* After a leadoff walk, Kendrick gets a strikeout. One out.
* A fly to center and there are two outs.
* Overstreet grounds out to shortstop. Inning over. Auburn goes to the ninth leading 4-3.
TOP OF NINTH
* Burgreen flies out to the wall in right. Nice catch.
* Glevenyak reaches on an error on the right fielder.
* Tella flies out deep to right.
Glevenyak steals second.
* Tomscha intentionally walked to put runners on first and second.
* Left-hander justin Kamplain on to pitch for Alabama with left-hander Cullen Wacker due up for Auburn.
* Wacker walks on four pitches to load the bases.
* Cooper lines a single to left, scoring two big runs. Auburn leads 6-3.
* Cooper now has a seven-game hitting streak.
* Savage grounds out to third and we go to the bottom of the ninth with Auburn leading 6-3.
BOTTOM OF NINTH
* Steven Cole called out on strikes.
* Blanchard grounds out to shortstop
This post has been edited 36 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall 13 months ago
Remember: If The Jury Box Is Stacked With Foxes...The Chickin Is Always Guilty
Really want this win...
Found a radio link. Not sure if it's bama announcers or Auburn's...
Listen live to WTSK 790 AM online for free.
Sounds like bama's announcers.
Guilbeau seems to be struggling a bit... Here's to hoping he has big struggles today.
I say that then he immediately puts three down in order...
The freshman Ebert is having a heck of a start to his career.
Leaving a lot of base runners lately... That concerns me a bit.
Dang Ortman needs to settle down...
Another error that could have been an out.
Yak needs to clean up his fielding game. So many errors it's unreal
Another error committed by Auburn for a run...
Doesn't look lie we've improved on reducing the errors that it seems like we have done for ever.
2 walks to start the inning... 2 errors (SS and 3B)... 3-1 bad guys and it could have been worse... thank you Conner Kendrick! Come on guys... let's get 'em back! WDE
In separate, but related news... Ole Miss is up 24-12 on Bama with 8 1/2 to go in 2st half
He may have to just K people to get us out of innings. Yak has 6 Es for the season already...
Keep this inning alive...
Now they are getting hit with the errors... I like it we still need to cut out ours.
we score 3 on 2 Bama errors... could have been more!
and, in separate but unrelated news, if Henderson does not get in a fight before their game with Bama is over, I will be shocked! Ole Miss up 30-23
It seems we can expect the fairly frequent Glevenyak boot of a routine grounder as well as the outstanding play. He made errors and good, tough plays in the bottom of each of the last 2 innings.
37-25 Ole Miss at 1/2
2 errors for Yak tonight... Think he may be going for a record of some sort this season.
Would much rather him make the routine play than the occasional great play. We have to be able to make the routine play.
Can't disagree with you there... he probably has 1/2, or close to that, of our errors for the year at this point.
48-31 Ole Miss... 16 minutes to go
Have a feeling we are going to see Terrance Dedrick come on to pitch the bottom of the 9th. He is from Tuscaloosa. If he does come on, I sure hope he isn't overly hyped and excited...
Shortly ago, Henderson should have been called for a flagrant against Randolph in retaliation. Instead, the ref called a double foul. Have to say, Henderson single handidly has made me not feel so good about wanting them to beat bama. 55-41 Ole Miss with 11 to go.
Thank you Phillip for a job well done! WDE... it's great to be an Auburn Tiger!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports