In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 340
Online now 288 Record: 9788 (12/4/2012)
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. Our Qbs are terrible and he is part of the reason why. Zero QB development.
2. We are trying to build for the betterment of the program, not the betterment of one year because the players on the roster are his.
3. Why would you think that? He has half a year experience and as head coach and hasn't had to rebuild anything.
4. Possibly, but if you'll remember even with Cam our offense had a tough time against SEC defenses for the most part.
5. He is playing with the cream of the crop from that conference, but I'm not going to take away from the respectable start he has had. Although they did win 10+ games last year and maybe the year before?
6. What in the WORLD makes you think this team could be 8-2? Who would have have beaten? Listen to Van Gorder speak. They are slow, weak, and overall just not good players.
Once again. I think Gus will turn out to be a good HC. BUT He is NOT the answer that Auburn needs right NOW. He's simply not. Not right now.
I was going to put a witty joke here, but I forgot bama fans still use picture books. So I thought I'd expedite the process for you...
Consider the difference in our games if we had with 1 or 2 more TDs. I am not just talking about the difference in score. The difference in momentum and pressure (attitude) in our defense. The only games we were never in this year were Texas A&M and Georgia. I don't actually think we would be 8-2, but I am certain we would not be 2-8.
The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.
I think we would still only be around 3-7 4-6 MAYBE. Fact is, this team is just not good. Undeveloped and weak players coached by a lame duck. Sigh* It is what it is....Always next year. Unless Chizik is the coach. Then we're f***ed.
I don't buy into the whole weak, slow, etc players. These guys stopped playing for this coaching STAFF months ago. It's called heart and they lost it.
So who do you think is the answer?
I'll agree with that... but I also think we are undersized this has been evident in that we have been blown off the line by basically every single team this year. I'm not in a position of know to know who the right answer would be. I like Petrino simply for the fact that he is a disciplinarian and would stopped the bullshit that has been happening. BUT I am also aware that he comes with major baggage now. I think Strong could possibly be a choice and a good point was brought up on Strong. A black coach at Auburn could really bring in the recruits and could compete.,...but again who knows. I'm not completely sold on Jimbo Fisher as he seems to have Tubberville Syndrome in that it almost seems to be an obligation that he loses to someone he shouldn't every year.
This post was edited by ColaChiver 17 months ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports