In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
AUBURN - Ole Miss' Marshall Henderson hit two free throws after Shaq Johnson was called for a foul away from the ball in the final seconds and the Rebels escaped with a 63-61 victory over Auburn on Saturday night at Auburn Arena.
Blocked shots on both ends of the court left Ole Miss with the ball out of bounds. Before it could be thrown in, Johnson was called for the foul. Henderson made the free throws. Frankie Sullivan's desperation 3 as time expired wasn't close.
* Shaq Johnson hits a 3 and Auburn is up 5-0 in the first minute.
* Auburn is ripping and roaring. It's 9-0 with 17:58 left and Ole Miss calls timeout. It looks like the Tigers came to play.
* Ole Miss easing back into it. Auburn leads 11-5 at the first media timeout.
* Marshall Henderson has two 3's and it's 11-8.
* Henderson strikes again, his third 3-pointer, and it's 11-11 with 13:19 left. Timeout, Auburn.
* Henderson is on a personal 9-0 run.
* Payne hits two straight and Auburn is up 15-11 at the media timeout with 11:52 left.
* Ole Miss gets its first lead at 16-15.
* Josh Wallace answers with a reare jumperto make it 17-16 with 10 minutes left.
* Denson goes to the basket and it's 18-17.
* Shaq Johnson makes one of two free throws. It's 20-18 with 8:45 left.
* Ole Miss gets three offensive rebounds and Auburn finally called for a foul. Didn't see it.
* Brian Greene Jr. hits a 3. Auburn up 25-20 inside six minutes.
* Henderson has two fouls and was poked in the eye. He's on the bench.
* Noel Johnson hits a 3 and it's 29-20.
* After an offensive rebound, Ole Miss hits a 3. Denson answers, then answers again. It's 33-23 with 3:18 left.
* Denson seems to be back to form. Auburn is on a 13-3 run.
* Timeout with 2:03 left. Auburn's defense has put a stranglehold on Ole Miss, leading the SEC with 81 points per game. It's been mostly 2-3 zone.
* Ole Miss scores five quick points and it's 33-28. Ole Miss holding for the last shot.
* And a 3-pointer at the horn, banked in by post play Aaron Jones for his first 3 of the season, and just like that it's 33-31 at halftime. That was just bad luck for the home team. You'll give him that shot all day long.
* Auburn gets four shots on its first trip and comes up empty. Ole Miss ties it and Sullivan hits a 3 to make it 36-33.
* Ole Miss is 0-for-6 at the free throw line.
* Ole Miss hits a 3 and goes up 40-38 with 15:20 left.
* Henderson hits a 3 and it's 43-38 with 13:46 left. Danger time for Auburn.
* Ole Miss is 9-of-19 from 3-point range.
* Shaq Johnson hits a big 3 to make it 43-41.
* Denson makes one free throw. Reginald Buckner has four fouls for Ole Miss. It's 45-52, Ole Miss at the second media timeout.
* Ole Miss is 0-for-7 at the free throw line.
* Gus Malzahn calling on the crowd after holding the "N" as the cheerleaders spell out Auburn.
* Wallace goes to the basket for a three-point play. It's 47-45, Ole Miss, 11:09 left.
* Denson hits two free throws and it's 47-47 with 9:27 left.
* Denson goes to the basket and Auburn leads 49-47 with 9:29 left.
* Ole Miss answers with a 3 and it's 50-49.
* Ole Miss up 52-49 with 6:59 left. Auburn calls timeout.
* Holloway finally hits a free throw, then misses. It's 53-49. Ole Miss is 1-for-10 at the line.
* Sullivan cans a 3. It's 53-52, 5:55 left.
* Henderson misses one, hits one and it's 54-52.
* Ole Miss is up 61-55 with 2:40 left despite going 2-for-15 at the free throw line.
* Denson hits two free throws. It's 61-58 with 2:20 left.
* Sullivan hits two free throws and it's 61-60 with 1;20 left.
* Denson fouled going to the basket, can give Aubun the lead with 1:00 left. He makes one and it's tied.
This post has been edited 33 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall 18 months ago
Blacked out on ESPN3 any other way to watch
How is the crowd tonight ?
I really want to see Chubb and Dixon-Tatum down low together, as your article stated earlier today. I thought we should have done that last week, as well. Got pretty pumped when I read your article this AM re: the possibility of them in the paint together. Wonder when he might pull the trigger?
PM, doesn't it seem that Denson (although a 'scorer' by trade) has maybe caused some confusion since coming back? I know he's probably not 100% but I just think our "game" completely changes when he's in there (especially of late...last three games)...
Chubb is playing VERY hard tonight.
Up by 10
Denson really helping.
Playing a very surprising first half that is for sure! OM may have over looked the Tigers. Maybe they read my posts from earlier and figured they had us in the bag.
Still a ton of basketball to play. Gotta keep the mo and energy up like this for 40.
If you cant be honest....whats the point of being anything?
33-23 us ! WAR EAGLE !
4-5 from the floor (Denson). I agree despite sorta disagreeing earlier re: his mixing up our chemistry when he came back. Tonight, he's "on"...
Agree. We gotta keep bangin down low and try and keep the rebound margin as close to even as we can. CRUCIAL 90 seconds to close the Half.
DAMN! They closed on a 8-0 run! DAMN!
That said, I'll take a lead at the Half...
This post was edited by fishwaterjohn 18 months ago
Auburn has bad luck, a guy that has no business shooting threes banks one in to end the half, I digress they look much better tonight and have a real shot and winning, war eagle!!!!
I'm with you fellers, War Eagle!!!!!!!!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports