In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1059
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Greetings from Auburn Arena. Not much of a crowd for tonight's game against Tennessee Tech. With school out and Christmas a week away, that's not surprising.
I'll be here throughout the game with updates and opinions. Check back often.
* Shaq Johnson's 3-pointer puts Auburn on top early. Frankie Sullivan takes it into the lane, gets fouled and makes the second of two free throws. It's 4-0 with 17:54 left.
* Tennessee Tech leading scorer Jud Dillard hastwo fouls in the first 3:20. Auburn is up 6-2.
* Jordan Price, in the game for the first time, hits one of two free throws and it's 7-4 with 15:08 left.
* Auburn leads 7-4 at the first media timeout with 15:26 left.
* Price goes back to the line and hits two free throws with 14:09 left. Auburn leads 9-4.
* Josh Wallace gets a steal and is fouled going to the basket and misses two free throws.
* Price hits a 3, running his streak to nine. It's 12-4.
* Wow! Price hits another one. That's 10 straight. Pretty amazing. Auburn leads 15-4 and Tech calls timeout.
* And another. That's 11 straight for Price. Auburn leads 18-6 with 12:28 left. Price is called for a technical foul. Not sure why. That gets him a seat on the bench. Auburn leads 18-8 with 12:28 left.
* It's still 18-8 at the second media timeout with 11:56 left. Auburn will have the ball coming out.
* Chubb hits one of two free throws and it's 19-8.
* Chris Denson makes one of two free throws and it's 20-8. Free throw shooting not so good for the Tigers.
* Tech scores back to back baskets and it's 20-12 with 9:02 left.
* Shaq Johnson gets a steal and a layp. It's 22-12.. Tech answers. It's 22-14 with 8:04 left. Wallace going to the line for a 1-and-1.
* Wallace hits them both. It's 24-14.
* Johnson gets a rebound, takes it all the way to the other end and dishes it off to Allen Payne for an easy layup. It's 26-14 with 7:42 left.
* Basketball officials are the worst for calling what they think they see and instead of what they see. No excuse for it either.
* Auburn leads 26-18 with 7:08 left.
* Denson dunks in Matt Marseille's face and is fouled. He hits the free throw and Auburn is up 29-18.
* Sullivan not having a great night - couple of turnovers, two fouls.
* Auburn leads 29-19 with 6:04 left.
* Chubb struggling to score from close in again. A very strange thing.
* Denson goes to the basket and draws a foul. He hits two and it's 31-19 with 4:43 left.
* Wallace hits a jumper with the shot clock running down and is fouled. He makes the free throw and it's 34-19 with 4:01 left.
* Auburn leads 34-21 at the final media timeout of the first half with 3:43 left.
* Johnson puts the ball behind his back, gets it in the basket and his fouled. He missed the free throw. Auburn lead 36-21.
* Denson makes a spectacular move to he basket, hits the scoop shot and it's 38-21 with 45 seconds left.
* It's halftime. Auburn leads 38-21.
* Sorry for the delay. Temporary Internet issues.
* Tech cuts Auburn's lead to 12, Auburn pushes it ack to 14. It's 47-33 with 13:45 left.
* A steal turn into a Wallace layup and it's 49-33.
* A Dixon-Tatum slam off a dish from Sullivan makes it 51-33 with 12:51 left.
* Sullivan makes two free tgrows and it's 53-35 with 12:20 left.
* Dixon-Tatum will be at the line shooting two coming out of the media timeout, 11:41 left.
* Dixon-Tatum makes one. It's 54-35.
* Dixon-Tatum makes another free throw and it's 55-35.
* Tech scores five quick points. It's 55-40.
* Noel Johnson for 3 and Auburn leas 48-40 with 9:25 left.
* Denson goes coast to coast for a three-point pla. Auburn up 61-40 with 8:38 left.
* Payne for 3 and the rout is on. Auburn up 64-40 with 7:44 left.
* Price, who hasn't played much in the second half, is back in with 4:18 left. He has hit 11 consecutive 3-pointers. The NCAA record is 15.
* Auburn leads 73-48 with 3:34 left.
* Shaq Johnson is the only starter in the game for Auburn. Tech cuts it to 73-52 with 2:52 left.
* With all newcomers on the floor for Auburn, Tech cuts the Tigers' lead to 73-54. Irritated, Tony Barbee call timeout.
* Tech pressing all over the floor, bench is up and cheering because they cut Auburn's lead to 19 with a minute left. Baree puts in the walk-ons, a turnover leads to a Tech basket and tey immediately cal timeout with 49.1 seconds left to, I presume, set up their 17-point play. To each his own, I guess.
* Two free throws cuts it to 75-60. Barbee has seen enough and puts the starters back in with 47.7 seconds left.
* Tech is fouling like it's a close game. Weird. Very weird.
* Sullivan makes two and it's 77-60. Barbee puts the walk-ons back in.
* Tech scores and immediately calls timeout with 34.5 seconds left. Barbee puts the starters back in. Not sure I've seen anything like this before.
* Tech is still fouling. This is really ridiculous. Denson makes two and Barbee puts the walk-ons back in.
* It's finally over. Auburn wins 81-62.
* Story to come.
This post has been edited 44 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall 16 months ago
Thanks PM. I have the usual question for you.. Is it televised?
Dang Phillip, these guys can NOT get the ball in the hole! Maybe they will warm up later?
. . . except for Price!
Who is doing the research on most makes in a row? I tried. Hard from smartphone.
You can stream it from the first row.
Thanx Phillip for all the updates ~ War Eagle
ON TO VICTORY - STRIKE UP THE BAND
Brian Green is not playing at all.
The posterization dunk got Auburn #1 in SportsCenter Top 10... I don't know that I've ever seen Auburn Basketball get the #1 top play...
Setting a high bar saves a ton of grief later.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports