In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1363
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Greetings from Jordan-Hare Stadium. ...
A really good crowd is already in the stadium, and there are long lines on the outside. It's a nice day for football - sunshine, blue skies and a little chill in the air.
I'll be here throughout the game with updates, thoughts and opinions. Check back often.
* This is definitely the loudest A-Day crowd I've ever heard.
* As expected, the second team defense is on the field. Still waiting for the first team offense, wearing white, to come out.
* Kiehl Frazier is at quarterback for the white.
* Tre Mason gets the first carry and gains a yard.
* Trovon Reed runs for no game.
* Frazier's pass is incomplete. Three-and-out for the white team. They did play fast.
* The Blue team gets its chance from the 29.
* Tunde Fariyike's snap sails over Jonathan Wallace's head, Justin Garrett picks it up and takes it in for the touchdown. Rough start for the offense on both teams. The White team leads 7-0 after Cody Parkey's extra point.
* Blue team gets another chance with Wallace at quarterback.
* On third-and-4, Wallace hits Sammie Coates for 11 yards and a first down at the 45.
* On third down, Wallace overthrows wide-open Ricardo Louis.
* I'm told it's the orange team, not white. I'll call it that from now on.
* Frazier throws for Reed. Terrific play by Robenson Therezie to break it up. Three-and-out again for the White team.
* Blue team starts from the 35.
* Cameron Artis-Payne runs 5 yards for a first down.
* Wallace hits C.J. Uzomah for 20 yards to the Orange 27.
* Payne breaks free and runs 27 yards for a touchdown. It's 7-7 with 7:06 left. Drive was 65 yards in seven plays. Nice job by Wallace. Artis-Payne looks like a horse.
* Wallace is with the orange team now.
* Gimel President makes a nice play to stop Mason for no gain.
* Mason runs for 5, and Harris Gastoin is called for a facemask. First down at the
* Wallace hits Jaylon Denson for 9 to the Blue 38.
* Delay of game makes it third-and-11 at the 39.
* Wallace's pass is intercepted by safety Ryan Smith. Blue team takes over at the 35 with Frazier at quarterback.
* Patrick Lymon runs for 3 yards.
* Frazier sacked on an Egaue touch. He'd have never been sacked on that play in an actual game.
* A botched handoff goes on the ground and Kenneth Carter recovers for the orange team at the 17.
* Blown coverage. Wallace hits Brandon Fulse, who doesn't have a defender around him, for the touchdown. Parkey kicks and the Orange team leads 14-7.
* Frazier back at quarterback. Garrett puts a big, big lick on Ricardo Louis after a catch for no gain.
* Three-and-out again.
* Orange team stars from its 27.
* Quan Bray, in the wildcat, runs for 8 yards.
* Frazier back in for the orange now.
* Artis-Payne, running hard, runs for 9 and a first down at the 45.
* Frazier throws a screen to Artis-Payne, who takes it 43 yards to the 9.
* Frazier hits Reed for the touchdown. Orange team leads 21-7 after Parkey's extra point.
* Wallace at quarterback for the Blue team. Lymon runs for 4 yards. We may have seen the last of Mason for today.
* No attendance yet, but I've seen smaller crowds during the season. I've never seen the upper decks open for the A-Day game. They are not only open but mostly full.
* That's the end of the first quarter. Big quarter for Cameron Artis-Payne and Justin Garrett. Both quarterbacks did some good things. Both turned the ball over.
* Running back Corey Grant has had a fever and has not played.
* Blue, with Wallace at quarterback, goes three-and-out.
* Orange starts from the 25 with Frazier at quarterback.
* We haven't seen the last of Mason. He breaks out for 15 yards and a first down.
* Frazier hits Reed with a quick pass for 12 yards.
* Mason again for 15 yards to the 26.
* Frazier runs for 13 to the 7, then carries it in for the touchdown, which is hard to do when all it takes is a touch for a quarterback to be down. Parkey kicks and the Orange team leads 28-7.
* Wallace at quarterback for the Blue team.
* On second-and-5 Wallace throws to Dimitri Reese. The throw is low and Reese falls down for a 5-yard loss.
* Wallace makes a perfect throw to Coates for 40 yards and a firt down at the 30.
* Wallace to Reese for 28 yards and the touchdown. Reese ran by safety Trent Fisher.
* Wallace has taken the second team offense to two touchdowns against the first-team defense. That is very impressive.
* The Orange team starts at the 30. Wallace is the quarterback.
* Mack VanGorder makes a tackle.
* Artis-Payne runs for 13 yards. He looks really, really good.
* Artis Payne is running it down the defense (second and third teamers) throat.
* Tre Mason scores from the 4, but that was Artis-Payne's drive. Orange team, as it should, leads 35-14.
* Worth of note: On back to back possessions, Wallace took the second team offense to a touchdown against the first-team defense and the first-team offense to a touchdown against the second-team defense. He is a cool, confident young man, and it seems to rub off on his teammates.
* Frazier, at quarterback for the Blue team, is "sacked" by Dee Ford.
* Kris Frost recovers a fumble at the 27. Not sure who fumbled..
* Wallace just misses Denson in the end zone on third-and-long.
* Parkey's 46-yard field goal try into the wind is short.
* Walk-on running back Patrick Lymon getting lots of work.
* That's the end of the first half.
* Big first half for Wallace, Artis-Payne and Justin Garrett. Cornerbacks Jonathan Jones, Chris Davis and Jonathon Mincy had some nice plays. So did defensive end Kenneth Carter. Linebacker Kris Frost made some plays, too.
* Mincy levels Reese on a screen pass and Reese is hurt. Mincy is called for targeting above the shoulders and is ejected. Never seen that in a spring game. Uncalled for, really. You don't do that to your teammate. Reese is OK. Looked like he was knocked out. Probably has a concussion.
* B.J. Trimble drops what would have been a first down from Frazier for the Blue team.
* Orange team starts from the 20 with Wallace at quarterback.
This post has been edited 29 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall 12 months ago
Thanks PM. Wish I could be there. Looking forward to the updates.
Ugly early. The second team offense driving well against the 1st D, First O with two 3 and outs against the second D...
Edit: When they can successfully execute a snap, that is...
This post was edited by beatytc 12 months ago
CAP looks good
"Get in where you fit in." Life is, Too Short TL;DR
It's early, but Wallace looks to be much more consistent throwing than Frazier to me.
Good grief, what was that?
Justin G. has been a pleasant surprise
Dear Jesus, please help us.
After seeing the first ten minutes of this game, Im looking forward to seeing N. Marshall ariving this fall.
Artis-Payne is a boss.
Even though that pass to CAP worked out... it was a terrible throw. Not sure who threw it but I have seen some TERRIBLE screen passes today. They will get people hurt, lobbing the ball high like that.
This post was edited by CptAUmerica21 12 months ago
He'll be here, this summer.
I Believe Auburn and Love IT...4 Life!
You should prepare yourself to live with the consequences of your decisions, whatever they may be.
High, high, low, high, high......... Just sad......
Where is Corey Grant?
He has been sick, he may not play today
Mack Van Gorder with a tackle, nice
Wallace is making some good reads now.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports