In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
AUBURN – For the second straight day, Auburn went into the seventh inning without a hit and No. 2 Vanderbilt won 6-1 at Plainsman Park to clinch the weekend series. The Tigers and Commodores play the series finale Sunday at 1 p.m.
Vanderbilt pitchers walked nine Auburn batters, but the Tigers couldn’t take advantage and fell to 13-5 and 0-2.
Greetings from Plainsman park on the kind of spring afternoon that makes you glad to be outside.
Auburn will try today to even its series with Vanderbilt. The challenge will be similar to Friday night, when the Tigers lost 5-2 to the Commodores and left-hander Kevin Ziomek, who will be in the lineup as the designated hitter today.. This time, it'll be right-hander Tyler Beede, who has a 4-0 record and a 1.07 ERA. Auburn left-hander Michael O'Neal pretty much matches him with a 4-0 record and a 1.40 ERA.
Auburn coaches have moved Ebert, a freshman who leads the team with a .377 batting average, from the No. 9 hole to the No. 2 hole. He swaps places with shortstop Dan Glevenyak.
Here are the lineups:
Tony Kemp 2B, Jack lupo LF, Conrad Gregor 1B, Connor Harrell CF, Mike Yaztrzemski RF, Vince Conde 3B, Ziomek DH, Joel McKeithan SS, Chris Harvey C, Tyler Beede RHP (4-0, 1.07 ERA, 25.1 IP, 3 ER, 14 H, 27 SO, 15 BB).
Jackson Burgreen RF, Jordan Ebert 2B, Ryan Tella CF, Patrick Savage DH, Cullen Wacker LF, Garrett Cooper 1B, Damek Tomscha 3B, Kody Ortman C, Dan Glevenyak SS, Michael O'Neal LHP (4-0, 1.40 ERA, 25.2 IP, 19 H, 4 ER, 14 SO, 6 BBLup
TOP OF FIRST INNING
* Kemp flies out to center.
* Lupo pops out to short right.
* Gregor pops out to short left field.
* Easy first inning for O'Neal, who pitched a complete-game shutout against Brown last Saturday. He has a scoreless streak of 10 1/3 innings.
BOTTOM OF FIRST
* Burgreen walks after falling behind 0-2.
* Ebert hits a rocket to third but Conde makes a big time play and forces Burgreen at second.
* Tella grounds to shortstop. Ebert out at second.
* Beede's pickoff attempt is wild and Tella goes to second.
* Savage grounds out to third. Another nice play by the tird baseman.
TOP OF SECOND
* Harrell strikes out swinging.
* Yaz grounds out to third.
* Conde flies out to right. Inning over. O'Nea; cruises again.
BOTTOM OF SECOND
* Wacker walks on a full count.
* Cooper walks on a full count. First and second. Nobody out.
* Tomscha puts down a nice sacrifice bunt. Second and third. One out. Infield is back.
* Ortman grounds to third and Wacker, running on contact, is thrown out at home.
* Glevenyak lines out to center. Opportunity lost.
TOP OF THIRD
* Wiseman, batting for Ziomek, grounds out to the pitcher on a bunt. Vandy coach Tim Corbin frequently puts a pitcher in the lineup at DH to he can then replace him with a hitter to do whatever is needed.
* McKeithan pops out to first.
* Harvey flies out to center. Nine straight for O'Neal.
BOTTOM OF THIRD
* Burgreen walks. Beede is having a hard time throwing strikes.. Can Auburn finally take advantage?
* The ball gets away from the catcher and Burgreen is thrown out at second. Pawlowski is out to argue, but replay indicates he was out.
* Ebert pops out to right field.
* Tella strikes out swinging on a pitch in his eyes. Inning over. Beede has walked four, including the leadoff man in all three innings. Auburn has not been able to capitalize.
TOP OF FOURTH
* Kemp grounds a single to left. He's Vandy's first baserunner.
* Lupo puts down a bunt in the perfect spot and it's a hit. Runners on first and second. Nobody out.
* Gregor lines out to shortstop and Kemp is doubled off second. Runner on first and two outs. That was a really big play for Auburn.
* Harrell grounds out to third. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FOURTH
* Savage called out on strikes.
* Wacker flies out to left on a 3-1 pitch after getting ahead 3-0.
* Cooper flies out to center on the first pitch. Easy inning for Beede.
BOTTOM OF FIFTH
* Yaz is hit by the first pitch.
* Conde flies out to right.
* Wiseman ropes a triple into the right-center gap, scoring Yaz, and Vanderbilt leads 1-0.
* McKeithan flies out to deep center, scoring Conde. Vandy leads 2-0.
* Harvey lines to third, where Tomscha makes a diving catch to end the inning.
* Tomscha walks on a 3-2 pitch. That's the fourth time in five innings Auburn's leadoff hitter has walked.
* Ortman sacrifices Tomscha to second.
* Glevenyak pops out to first on a full count.
* Burgreen walks. Runners on first and second. One out.
* Ebert rips the first pitch just foul to left, then grounds out to shortstop.
* For the fourth time, Auburn gets a leadoff walk and has nothing to show for it. For the second straight game, Auburn has no hits through five innings.
TOP OF SIXTH
* Kemp grounds out to second.
* Lupo flies out to left.
* Gregor flies out to left. Easy inning for O'Neal.
BOTTOM OF SIXTH
* Tella strikes out swinging on what would have been ball 4 after getting ahead 3-1.
* Savage grounds out to third.
* Wacker hits a rocket to first, but it hits the first baseman, who picks it up and throws him out. No luck there. Tigers remain hitless through six.
TOP OF SEVENTH
* Harrell walks.
* That's it for O'Neal. Ace reliever Conner Kendrick takes the mound.
* Yaz sacrifices Harrell to second.
* Conde walks. Runners on first and second.
* Kendrick, who has not pitched in 12 days, gives up a run-scoring single to Wiseman. It's 3-0, runners on first and third with one out and Auburn is in a lot of trouble.
* McKeithan's squeeze bunt scores another run. It;'s 4-0.
* Harvey pips out to first. Inning over. Damage done. Vandy leads 4-0.
BOTTOM OF SEVENTH
* Cooper grounds out to shortstop.
* Tomscha drives a 3-2 pitch into centerfield for Auburn's first hit.
* Ortman strikes out swinging.
* Glevenyak gets a base hit. Shorstop makes a diving stop deep in the hole but has nowhere to throw.
* That's all for Beede.Left-hander Steven Rice is on to pitch.
* Blake Austin is pinch hitting for Burgreen.
* Austin strikes out swinging and the inning is over.
TOP OF EIGHTH
* Kemp doubles off the wall in left.
* Lupo sacrifices Kemp to third.
* Gregor doubles off the left field wall. It's 5-0, Maybe it's the long layoff, but Kendrick doesn't have it. Not sure why he didn't get some work at Kennesaw State last Tuesday.
* Chase Williamson on to pitch.
* Harrell is called out on strikes.
* Yaz strikes out swinging. Terrific job by Williamson.
BOTTOM OF EIGHTH
* Ebert walks. That's the fifth time in eight innings Vandy has walked the leadoff hitter.
* Tella strikes out swinging. He's struggling.
* Savage singles off the third baseman. Two on. One out.
* Wacker lines a single to center. Bases loaded. One out.
* Cooper strikes out swinging.
* Tomscha walks on a 3-1 count, driving home Ebert. It's 5-1. Looking a lot like Friday night's game.
* Closer Brian Miller on to pitch.
* Ortman flies out to center. Inning over. Tigers left the bases loaded. That was probaby their chance.
TOP OF NINTH/b]
* Conde singles to right.
* Wiseman sacrifices him to second and he goes to third on a wild pitch.
* McKeithan singles back through the box. Vandy leads 6-1.
* Harvery singles to center.
* Kemp gets an infield hit and the bases are loaded.
* Harrell's double off the left field wall scores two more. It's 8-1. Runner is thrown out at third.
* Gregor flies out to center and the inning is over.
[b]BOTTOM OF NINTH
* J.D. Crowe bats for Glevenyak and grounds out to third.
* Sam Gilliken walks.
* Hunter Kelley bats for Ebert and strikes out.
* Tella flies out to left and the game is over.
This post has been edited 35 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall 16 months ago
Glad to see Ebert moved up. This should help.
#HUNH try and stop us!!!!
Fearless and True!
If you cant be honest....whats the point of being anything?
ON TO VICTORY - STRIKE UP THE BAND
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports