In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2280
Online now 532 Record: 9788 (12/4/2012)
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
AUBURN - Junior left-hander Michael O'Neal pitched a six-hit shutout and Auburn beat Brown 6-0 on Saturday to win their three-game series with Brown. The Tigers, 9-4 winners Friday night, will go for the sweep Sunday at noon.
O'Neal struck out six and walked two in improving his record to 4-0.
Story to come.
Greetings from Plainsman Park on a sun-kissed Saturday. Auburn will try to lock up its series with Brown today. Left-hander Michael O'Neal (3-0, 2.16) will get the start for the Tigers. Right-hander Dave Lawrence (1-0, 2.16) will start for Brown.
Former major league pitcher John Franco, whose son J.J. plays shortstop for Brown, is in the house to watch.
* John Sheridan flies out to left.
BOTTOM OF SECOND
* Jackson Burgreen flies out to center.
* Dan Glevenyak flies out to right. Hitting coach Gabe Gross isn't going to like the flyballs.
* Ryan Tella lines out to left. Inning over.
* Franco walks on a 3-2 pitch.
* Will Marcal called out on strikes.
* Cody Slaughter grounds out shortstop to second base. Inning over.
TOP OF SECOND
* Wes Van Boom pops out to shortstop.
* Daniel Massey lines out to the pitcher.
* Nick Fornaca strikes out swinging. Inning over.
* Damek Tomscha walks on a 3-2 count.
* Cullen Wacker lines out hard to right. Saw lots of that last night. Good swings, hard liners right at guys.
* Garrett Cooper called out on strikes. He didn't agree, but his vote didn't count.
* Patrick Savage singles to right. First and third. Two outs.
* Kody Ortman grounds out to second on the first pitch. Inning over.
TOP OF THIRD
* DH Kevin Guthrie, playing for the first time this season, is called out on a 3-2 pitch.
* Nate Kukowski grounds out to shortstop.
* Sheridan grounds out to third. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF THIRD
* Jordan Ebert lines the first pitch into right field for a base hit. He has now hit safely in 12 consecutive games. He has had a hit in every Auburn game in which he has played.
* Burgreen doubles to left-center. Runners on second and third. Nobody out.
* Glevenyak bounces a single to center, scoring Ebert and sending Burgreen to third. Auburn leads 1-0.
* Glevenyak steals second.
* Tella walks. Bases loaded, Nobody out.
* Tomscha grounds to short, scoring Burgreen. Throw pulls first baseman off bag. Runners on first and third. One out.
* Wacker flies out deep to right, scoring Glevenyak. Auburn leads 3-0.
* Cooper grounds out to third. Inning over. Auburn leads 3-0.
TOP OF FOURTH
* One runner reaches on an error but is erased on a double play.
BOTTOM OF FOURTH
* Savage flies out to left.
* Ortman save on an infield hit to deep shortstop.
* Ebert grounds to third. Ortman out at second. Two outs. Runner on first.
* Ebert steals second.
* Burgreen grounds out to third. Inning over.
TOP OF FIFTH
* Van Boom walks on a 3-2 pitch that is very close.
* Massey bounces a single to right. That's Brown's first hit of the game. That came after home plate Danny Everett went to the mound to warn O'Neal because he shook his head after the previous pitch. Ridiculous. Why did Everett care?
* Fornaca sacrifices the runners to second and third.
* Guthrie strikes out swinging.
* Kukowski hits a soft liner to second. Inning over. Great escape by O'Neal.
BOTTOM OF FIFTH
* Glevenyak strikes out swinging.
* Tella singles to center and takes second on a wild pitch.
* Tomscha grounds out to shortstop. Tella to third.
* Wacker reaches on catcher's interference. Runners on first and third.
* Cooper lines a single to left, scoring Tella. It's 4-0.
* Savage flies out to deep center. Inning over.
TOP OF SIXTH
* Sheridan pops out to second.
* Franco flies out to center.
* Marcal gets a base hit despite a terrific effort by Ebort at second base. He makes a diving stop and throws from his knee, but Marcal beats it by a step.
* Slaughter lines out to the pitcher. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF SIXTH
* Ortman flies out to left.
* Ebert pops out to second.
* Burgreen flies out to center. Inning over.
TOP OF SEVENTH
* Van Boom grounds out to shortstop.
* Massey grounds out to first.
* Fornaca grounds out to third. Inning over.
* Michal O'Neal has been out of sight today. Best Auburn pitching performance I've seen in a while.
BOTTOM OF SEVENTH
* Glevenyak tries to bunt his way on but grounds out to the pitcher.
* Tella beats out an infield hit.
* Tella steals second.
* Tomscha hammers a double to the wall in left-center, scoring Tella. Auburn leads 5-0.
* Tomscha has reached base safely in every game this season.
* Wacker flies out deep to left.
* Cooper singles to left, scoring Tomscha and is thrown out going to second. Inning over. Auburn leads 6-0.
TOP OF EIGHTH
* Guthrie strikes out swinging,
* Kukowski grounds out to the pitcher.
* Sheridan triples. Tella almost made a specatcular, diving catch but he couldn't hold it.
* Franco flies out to right. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF EIGHTH
* Lucas Whitehill on to pitch for Brown.
* Ortman walks on a 3-2 pitch.
* Ebert walks on four pitches.
* Burgreen hits into a 4-6-3 double play. Inning over.
TOP OF NINTH
* Marcal flies out to left.
* Slaughter called out on strikes.
* Van Boom singles to center.
* Massey lines a single to right. Runners on first and second. O'Neal just needs one more out.
* Fornaca bounces a single to left and the bases are loaded. Wow.
* Pawlowski goes to the mound but leaves him in.
* PH Sean Gannon flies out to right. Auburn wins. O'Neal pitches a complete-game shutout.
This post has been edited 26 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall 13 months ago
I'm lovin my baseball team..WDE
That was a pitching clinic. Something we need to get any traction. Brown is capable as a team. But it is nice to beat them with a pitching performance like that. Y'all know that it's all about confidence in baseball. And that makes for some good confidence building right there.
If you cant be honest....whats the point of being anything?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports