In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I was at the game today. I got up way early on a Saturday morning to endure that garbage. I have to confess that I am a total loss for words. There are some things that are very obvious.
1. The coaches have completely lost the team. I was a tiger walk. You could see absolutely nothing in the players eyes, nothing. I saw no fire whatsoever and if you've been around football you can see it when it's there.
2. The lines, on both sides of the ball, are getting pushed around big time; not by alabama or georgia or lsu. They were getting pushed around by vanderbilt who is just not a good football team. If you are going to start firing coaches then send the strength and conditioning coach out the door with him. I know Yox is very populat on message boards but it's time for him to go.
3. Our receivers lead me to believe that they have not been taught how to find the line to make for a first down. On more than one occasion today we had third and long and threw a pass to the line of scrimmage or maybe one yard down the field. Someone is not teaching those guys.
4. We just do not have a quarterback who can run whatever offense it is we are trying to run. I have nothing against our quarterback. I don't even know the young man, how could I have anything against him. The problem is that he needs to be playing at UNA or Presbyterian or some small time program. He has shown us that he is not an sec quarterback. You do not go to Leroy, Alabama to find an SEC quarterback. All of you who complained about Brandon Cox, you owe him an apology. We would have won this game today if he had been under center.
5. If Gene Chizik had any hope of pulling his job out of the fire he left it on the sidelines at vanderbilt today. vanderbilt tried every way in the world to hand us the game today. We just didn't want it so we handed it back to them. That gets back to coaching.
I am stunned. I just don't know what to say anymore. It has gone beyond pathetic. If this coaching staff keeps their jobs then Auburn University owes an apology to Doug Barfield, tater tot bowden and Tommy Tuberville.
This post was edited by kingofhill 21 months ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports