In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Bama has won 3 of the last 4 BCS championships, but yet in still most of the fanbase worry about AUBURN!!!.. My question is what caused them to be this way? . Just wanna know can somebody give me some insight..WDE!!..
"To BE the man, you gotta BEAT THE MAN!!... (Ric Flair)
pick most any psychosis, the definition fits.
Forget it, man. No one can figure bammers out. Many of them simply have no other life outside of football.
If every other university disbanded their football program, thus making Bama the undisputed national champions year after year, they'd still worry about what Auburn was doing.
"There's no doubt, we're going up."
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy - you know who
1. They don' t like the fact that they got their name " the Crimson Tide" from tie with an Auburn team back before the series suspended for some 40 years.
2. With all the efforts they have put forth in their past to be the big dog ( see William Bradford Huie's 1940 article in old Collier's magazine) they still held only a seven game edge over Auburn until Saban's arrival
3. They absolutely hate that Auburn is not to Bama as Vandy's is to Tennessee or GT is to UGA
4. We will never let the get away with claiming more NC' s than they deserve
5. We laugh or express disgust at their idol worship of their coaches ...we don't have proper respect for the things they call "sacred"
6. Their " dirt road alumni" are generally characterized by the likes of Harvey Updyke.
Life Partners Forever_________ nic loves fineScum
17-16 Punt bama Punt
“they ain't got nothing but people...Alabama mystique...Georgia mystique...they’ve done it with people. Hell, we’ve got people, too.”Pat Dye
Ever to Conquer!!
The same reason that so many Auburn fans act like little brother or worry what's going on in Tuscaloosa, it's a rivalry. Even in the 2000's when Auburn was up and bama was down. You had the same crap from the same folks. Most of one wants the other to fail no matter what is going on in their own camp. It's a rivalry........ The biggest in my mind. Which only makes it worse.
"Wishful thinking is not the same thing as objective evidence." - jdhinsc
Worry only about things which you can change, the rest will either work themselves out or kill you......either way, no more worries.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports