In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2242
On this Board 992Record: 6992 (11/25/2012)
Online now 2008Record: 9788 (12/4/2012)
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
AUBURN - Auburn roughed up Alabama State pitchers for 13 hits and cruised to a 10-2 victory on Tuesday night at Plainsman Park. The Tigers improved to 14-6 on the season and play Southern Mississippi in Mobile on Wednesday night. ASU fell to 14-8. Story to come.
Greetings from Plainsman Park, where Auburn's baseball team would be advised not to take Alabama State likely. The Hornets have a good team that is capable of winning. Auburn is 13-6. ASU is 14-7.
Left-hander Will Kendall, coming off Tommy John surgery, will get the start for Auburn. He will be limited to 35 pitches, give or take a couple.
Richard Amion CF, Brandon Castro 3B, Richard Gonzalez C, Waldyvan Estrada RF, Dexter Price 1B, Leo Rojas 2B, Dillon Cooper LF, Emmanuel Marrero SS, Marcus Swint DH, Antony Ricciardi RHP (1-2, 3.05 ERA, 20.2 IP, 14 H, 7 ER, 19 SO, 12 BB).
Jackson Burgreen RF, Jordan Ebert 2B, Cullen Wacker LF, Garrett Cooper 1B, Ryan Tella CF, Patrick Savage DH, Damek Tomscha 3B, Blake Austin C, Dan Glevenyak SS, Will Kendall LHP.
TOP OF FIRST INNING
* Amion strikes out swinging.
* Castro bloops a single to left.
* Castro tests Austin's arm and he's out by five feet at second base.
* Gonzalez strikes out swinging. Inning over.
* Kendall threw 16 pitches.
BOTTOM OF FIRST
* Burgreen called out on strikes.
* Ebert, swinging at the first pitch, ground out to shortstop.
* Wacker lines a single to right.
* Cooper grounds to deep shortstop. Wacker forced at second. Inning over.
TOP OF SECOND
* Estrada hits a towering home run, his fifth of the season, to left field. ASU leads 1-0.
* Price flies out deep to left.
* Rojas lines a single to left-center.
* Cooper walks on a 3-2 count. First and second. One out.
* Kendall isn't as sharp tonight as he was against Vanderbilt and Kennesaw State last week.
* Marrero flies out to right.
* Swint grounds out to third. Inning over.
* Kendall has thrown 35 pitches, so we assume he's done for the night.
BOTTOM OF SECOND
* Tella doubles to right-center.
* Savage flies to right. Tella goes to third.
* Tomscha hit by a pitch on a 3-1 count. Runners on first and third. One out.
* Austin singles to center, driving home Tell. Tomscha goes to third. It's 1-1. First and third. Still one out.
* Glevenyak hits into what should have been a double play, but the first baseman drops the throw and it's 2-1. E3.
* Burgreen strikes out swinging. Inning over.
TOP OF THIRD
* Right-hander Trey Wingenter on to pitch for Auburn.
* Amion grounds out to shortstop.
* Castro lines out to shortstop.
* Gonzalez grounds out to second. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF THIRD
* Ebert flies out to left.
* Wacker grounds out hard to first.
* Cooper singles to right side. Second baseman made a diving stop but had no chance.
* Tella pops out to second.
TOP OF FOURTH
* Estrada out on a soft liner to first.
* Price flies out to right.
* Rojas walks on a 3-2 pitch.
* Rojas steals second. He stole that one on the pitcher. Not much of a chance for Austin.
* Cooper grounds out to shortstop. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FOURTH
* Savage lines the first pitch to center for a base hit.
* Savage goes to second on a wild pitch.
* Tomscha flies out to right. Savage goes to third. The ASU pitcher is throwing so slow that Auburn hitters are having a hard time holding back.
* Austin doubles into the right-center gap, scoring Savage. He's thrown out trying to stretch it into a triple. It's 3-1.
* Glevenyak walks on a 3-2 pitch.
* Burgreen singles to right-center. Runners on first and third. two outs.
* That's all for Ricciardi. Right-hander Hunter McIntosh on to pitch.
* Ebert singles to right, scoring Glevenyak. It's 4-1.
* Ebert takes off, stops between second and third in an attempt to get Burgreen in. The throw goes through the second baseman and Burgreen scores. Ebert is safe at second.
* Another one is thrown out at third. Wacker rips a run-scoring double. Two guys in the same inning thrown out at third trying to stretch doubles into triples. Weird.
TOP OF FIFTH
* Marrero walks on a 3-2 count. Score four runs and issue a leadoff walk. Not what you want from your pitcher.
* Swint bunts. Not sure why. Wingenter throws Marrero out at second. Runner on first. Oneout.
* Arion singles to right. Runners on first and third. One out.
* Arnion steals second and his safe when Ebert misses the tag. Run scores. It's 6-2.
* Castro lines out to Ebert on a diving catch. He steps on second for the double play. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FIFTH
* Cooper rips a single to center.
* Cooper goes to second on a wild pitch.
* Tella grounds out to shortstop.
* Savage grounds out to the pitcher. Two outs.
* Tomscha strikes out swinging at a pitch in his eyes or maybe even higher.
TOP OF SIXTH
* Gonzalez grounds out to third.
* Estrada bounces a single to center.
* Price pops out to first in foul territory.
* Rojas grounds out to shortstop. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF SEVENTH
* Austin strikes out swinging on a full count.
* McIntosh is done. Must have been on a hard pitch count for some reason. Right-hander Jorge Pantoja is on to pitch.
* Glevenyak strikes out.
* Burgreen flies out to center.
TOP OF SEVENTH
* Cooper strikes out.
* Marrero singles to right.
* Swint grounds out to first. Marrero goes to second.
* Amion grounds out to shortstop. Inning over.
* The crowd that was almost 3,000 - thanks to $1 hot dog night - has dwindled considerably. Everybody ate their fill, I presume
* Left-hander Julio Valdez is on to pitch for ASU.
* Ebert walks on a 3-1 pitch.
* Wacker doubles to right. Runners on second and third.
* Cooper walks. Bases loaded with no outs.
* Tella slaps a two-run single to right. It's 8-2. Runners on first and second.
* That's all for Valdez. Right-hander Armando Ruiz on to pitch.
* Savage doubles off the wall in right, scoring one run. It's 9-3. Runners on second and third. No outs.
* Tomscha grounds out to third. Runners stay put.
* Kody Ortman bats for Austin.
* Ortman flies out to center, scoring another run. Sacrifice fly. It's 10-2.
* Glevenyak strikes out swinging. Inning over.
TOP OF EIGHTH
* Numerous changes for Auburn. Right-hander Matt Schultz on to pitch. Sam Gilliken in right field, Hunter Kelley in left field, Mitchell Self at third base, Kody Ortman at catcher and Tanner Cimo at second.
* Castro flies out to left.
* Gonzalez walks on a 3-2 pitch.
* Gonzalez is picked off first base by Ortman, and it's not even close.
* Estrada reaches on a throwing error by Self at third.
* Price called out on strikes. Inning over.
This post has been edited 32 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall on 3/19/2013 at 8:48 PM
ON TO VICTORY - STRIKE UP THE BAND
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports