In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2814
On this Board 1822Record: 6992 (11/25/2012)
Online now 2947Record: 9788 (12/4/2012)
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
Auburn scored six runs in the seventh inning, three on a bases-loaded double by Patrick Savage, to beat Brown 9-4 in the first game of a three-game series Friday night at Plainsman Park. The Tigers improved to 10-3 on the season.
Story to come.
Greetings from Plainsman Park where Auburn (9-3) plays Brown (1-3) in the first game of a three-game series. Don't count this one as a win just yet. Brown starter Anthony Galan gave up just two runs on seven hits in his first start. The Bears lost that on3 4-3 at LSU.
Sophomore left-hander Daniel Koger gets the start for Auburn. He's pitched very well, going 17.1 innings in three games with a 2.08 ERA but has not been involved in a decision.
TOP OF FIRST INNING
John Sheridan flies out to center.
* J.J. Franco rips a liner to left but is cut down at second base on a terrific throw by Cullen Wacker.
* Will Marcal beats out an infield hit.
* Cody Slaughter strikes out swinging on a 3-2 pitch. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FIRST
* Jackson Burgreen triples over the centerfielder's head.
* Dan Glevenyak rolls out to the pitcher. Burgreen can't advance.
* Ryan Tella rips a double inside the bag at third, scoring Burgreen. Auburn leads 1-0.
* Damek Tomscha strikes out swinging on a 2-2 pitch out of the zone.
* Wacker flies out to left. Inning over. Auburn leads 1-0.
TOP OF SECOND
* Wes Van Boom flies out to right.
* Matt DeRenzi strikes out swinging.
* Nick Fornaca strikes out swinging. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF SECOND
* Garrett Cooper grounds out to second.
* Patrick Savage slaps a double inside the bag at third. Runner at second. One out.
* Blake Austin lines a single to left. No chance for Savage to score. Runners on first and third. One out.
* Jordan Ebert grounds out to shortstop, scoring Savage. It's 2-0. Runner on first with one out.
* Ebert goes to second on a wild pickoff attempt.
* Burgreen singles to left, scoring Ebert. It's 3-0. Auburn doing everything well so far.
* Burgreen steals second.
* Glevenyak grounds out hard to third. Inning over. Auburn leads 3-0 through two.
TOP OF THIRD
* Daniel Massey hits the first pitch far over the right field fence for his first home run of the season. It's 3-1.
* Jake Levine flies out to left.
* Sheridan grounds out to third.
* Franco hit by a pitch.
* Marcal flies out to center. Inning over. Its 3-1.
BOTTOM OF THIRD
* Tella reaches on an error on the second baseman.
* Tomscha flies out to right.
* Wacker grounds to first, but Slaughter throws it away to second. Runners on first and third. One out.
* Cooper grounds into a double play, 5-4-3. Inning over. Opportunity missed. It's 3-1 through three.
TOP OF FOURTH
* Slaughter singles to left.
* Van Boom pops out to shortstop.
* DeRenzi strikes out swinging.
* Fornaca singles hard to right. Runners on first and third. Two outs.
* Massey grounds out to second on the first pitch. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FOURTH
* Savage lines hard to center.
* Austin rips a line drive and the pitcher stabs it. Two balls hit very hard go for nothing.
* Ebert flies to right. Inning over.
TOP OF FIFTH
* Levine, the No. 9 hitter, walks on four pitches. Not good.
* Sheridan sacrifices Levine to second. One out.
* Franco hits the ball off Koger's foot. He who recovers and throws him out at first. Runner on third with two outs. After getting checked out by medical personnel Koger stays in the game.
* Marcal flies out deep to right on the first pitch. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FIFTH
* Burgreen lines out to center.
* Glevenyak walks.
* Glevenyak steals second.
* Tella flies out to left. Not a good at-bat.
* Tomscha flies out to center.
TOP OF SIXTH
* Slaughter walks on five pitches and that's all for Koger. Trey Cochran-Gill on to pitch for Auburn.
* Van Boom drives a double to the wall in left-center, scoring Slaughter. It's 3-2, runner on second, nobody out.
* DeRenzi grounds out to first. Runner on third. One out.
* Fornaca pops a 1-2 pitch to right for a single and we're tied. For the fourth time this season, Koger will not get a decision.
* Massey lines a single to left-center. Cochran-Gill is not fooling anybody and he's done. Chase Williamson is on tio pitch with one out and runners on first and second.
* Levine grounds out to second. Runners and first and third. Two out.
* Sheridan grounds out to shortstop. Inning over. Its 3-3.
BOTTOM OF SIXTH
* Wacker grounds out to first.
* Cooper reaches on a throwing error on the third baseman.
* Savage flies out to center.
* Austin lines hard to left. It's 3-3 through six. Auburn has hit the ball hard and got nothing out of it frequently tonight.
TOP OF SEVENTH
* Franco singles through third.
* Marcal lines a single hard to center. Runners on first and second. Nobody out.
* Austin picks Franco off first. Great throw. One out.
* Slaughter grounds out to second. Two outs. Runner on third.
* Van Boom lines the first pitch into left for a double. Brown leads 4-3. Not a good night for Auburn's bullpen. Not good at all.
* DeRenzi grounds out to shortstop. Inning over. Damage done.
BOTTOM OF SEVENTH
* Just like that, we're tied. Ebert drives a 1-2 pitch over the fence in left for his second home run of the season and it's 4-4.
* That's it for Galan, who did a terrific job and also won't be involved in the decision. Tall and slender left-hander Austin French on to pitch.
* Burgreen called out on strikes on a 3-2 pitch. That was an iffy call. Too close to take, I guess.
* On a wild play, Glevenyak scores on a four-base error on centerfielder John Sheridan Auburn leads 5-4. If I was scoring, I would have called it a hit. He never got his hands on the ball.
* Tella grounds out to second and that's it for French. Right-hander Eddie Fitzpatrick, who is even taller than French, is on to pitch.
* Tomscha walks on four pitches.
* Wacker walks on five pitches.
* Cooper walks on a 3-2 pitch. Bases are loaded with two outs.
* Yet another pitching change. Fitzpatrick threw 15 pitches, 12 of them balls. Right-hander Chris Smith, anbother tall guy, is on to pitch.
* Savage drives a double into the gap in left-center, clearing the bases, and Auburn's up 8-4. The Tigers have scored five times in this inning.
* Austin singles, scoring Savage. Austin is out at second, but the Tigers lead 9-4 through seven.
TOP OF EIGHTH
* Terrance Dedrick on to pitch for Auburn.
* Fornaca pops out to second.
* Massey flies out to center.
* Levine grounds out to third. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF EIGHTH
* Ebert, who has hit safely in 11 consecutive games, slaps a base hit to left.
* Burgreen pops out to first.
* Ebert caught stealing.
* Glevenyak flies out deep to center. We go to the ninth.
TOP OF NINTH
* Sheridan lines a single to left.
* Tomscha makes a terrific stop on Franco's grounder at third and gets Sheridan at second.
* Marcal hits the ball off Dedrick, who gets Franco at second.
* Slaughter pops out to shortstop. Game's over. Auburn wins 9-4.
This post has been edited 37 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall on 3/8/2013 at 8:32 PM
This team is really doing well at battling and staying in games!
What time is the game tomorrow and is there a way to listen to the broadcast via internet
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports