In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2655
On this Board 1528Record: 6992 (11/25/2012)
Online now 2686Record: 9788 (12/4/2012)
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
Greetings from Plainsman Park on a perfect Thursday night. Not a cloud to be seen.
I can't imagine a bigger series for Auburn than this one. An 0-6 start in the SEC has the Tigers in a bind. If they don't win at least two this weekend, it'll be hard to see a path back.
Auburn coach John Pawlowski, as is his way when things aren't going well, has changed his lineup. Slumping centerfielder Ryan Tella wil lead off. Jordan Ebert has made the same number of errors as third baseman Damek Tomscha and fewer than shortstop Dan Glevenyak, but he has lost his position in the field because of two errors last Saturday.
Mitchell Self replaced him Tuesday against Troy and also made an error. Tanner Cimo gets the start at second. Ebert, the team's leading hitter, is the DH.
Here are the lineups:
George Salem CF
Kenny Roberts 3B
Ben Moore RF
Brett Booth C
Austen Smith 1B
Kyle Overstreet 2B
Mikey White SS
Chance Vincent DH
Ryan Blanchard RHP (2-1, 2.92)
Ryan Tella CF
Jordan Ebert DH
Cullen Wacker LF
Garrett Cooper 1B
Damek Tomscha 3B
Hunter Kelley RF
Dan Glevenyak SS
Blake Austin C
Tanner Cimo 2B
Conner Kendrick LHP (2-0, 1.46 ERA)
Check back throughout the game for updates and opinions.
TOP OF FIRST INNING
* Salem grounds out to third.
* Roberts strikes out swinging on a 1-2 pitch
* Moore, who procaimed his hatred for Auburn earlier this week, flies out to right. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FIRST
* Ty McGahee is coaching third in place of Gabe Gross. That didn't work well at Troy. Strange decision.
* Tella grounds out to first on the first pitch.
* Ebert grounds out to third on the second pitch.
* Wacker reaches first on catcher's interference.
* Cooper doubles off the left field wall. Runners on second and third.
* Tomscha grounds out to second. Inning over.
TOP OF SECOND
* Booth flies out to right.
* Smith rips a home run over the left field fence. That's just Alabama's sixth home run of the season. It's the Tide's first hit off Kendrick in 7 1/3 innings, going back to the Capital City Classic in Montgomery.
* Overstreet lines a single to right.
* White strikes out swinging.
* Kendrick picks Overstreet off first. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF SECOND
* Kelley grounds out to third on the first pitch.
* Glevenyak called out on strikes. He didn't agree and had a word for the umpire as he walked away.
* Austin lines out hard to third. Inning over.
TOP OF THIRD
* Vincent walks on a 3-2 pitch.
* Blanchard squares to bunt and pops out to Austin.
* Salem walks. Kendrick is struggling.
* Roberts safe on an error on Glevenyak. Bases are loaded.
* Moore hits a sacrifice fly to right, scoring Vincent. It's 2-0.
* Booth doubles over Tella's head in centerfield, drives home two runs. It's 4-0. Every game seems to be the same for this Auburn baseball team.
* Smith singles to left, Wacker boots it. Smith gets to third. Run scores. It's 5-0. Four of those runs are unearned.
* Overstreet called out on strikes. Inning over.
* In the last 12 inning, Auburn has given up 12 unearned runs.
BOTTOM OF THIRD
* Cimo lines a single to center on the first pitch.
* Tella strikes out swinging.
* Ebert singles to right. Runners on first and second.
* Wacker walks. Bases are loaded with one out. Auburn's hottest hitter coming to bat. Big opportunity.
* Cooper grounds into a 6-4-3 double play on a 3-2 pitch. Hit it hard, but right at the shortstop. Unreal. This Auburn team can't get get big hits even on good swings.
TOP OF FOURTH
* White walks on a 3-2 pitch.
* Vincent sacrifices White to second.
* Blanchard grounds out to third. White can't advance.
* Salem gets an infield hit. Runner to third. Glevenyak's dive kept the ball on the infield.
* Roberts flies out to center. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF FOURTH
* Tomscha flies out to deep left-center. Missed a home run by a couple of feet.
* Kelley is called out on strikes.
* Glevenyak flies out to right. Inning over.
TOP OF FIFTH
Alabama gets another run on Moore's triple and Overstreet's single. It's 6-0.
BOTTOM OF FIFTH
* Austin flies out to center.
* Cimo flies out to right.
* Tella lines a two-out, two-strike double into the left field corner.
* Ebert lines out hard to shortstop. This team isn't playing well and also has no luck.
TOP OF SIXTH
* Vincent lines a single to right.
* Blanchard strikes out swinging.
* Salem walks
* Roberts singles to left. Bases are loaded and that's it for Kendrick. Reid Carter is on to pitch.
* Moore pops out.
* Booth lines out softly to shortstop.
BOTTOM OF SIXTH
* Wacker strikes out swinging.
* Cooper grounds out to shortstop.
* Tomscha grounds out to third. Inning over.
TOP OF SEVENTH
* A double play wipes out Alabama's only baserunner.
BOTTOM OF SEVENTH
* Kelley grounds out to third.
* Glevenyak grounds out to third.
* Well, at least the Tigers won't be shut out. Austin launches a home run over the left field fence. It's 6-1.
* Cimo flies out to left. Inning over.
TOP OF EIGHTH
* Vincent flies out to center.
* Andrew Miller strikes out swinging.
* Salem walks.
* Salem caught stealing. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF EIGHTH
* Ebert strikes out swinging.
TOP OF NINTH
* Roberts single.
* Moore flies out deep to center.
* Booth flies out to center.
* Smith grounds out to second. Inning over.
BOTTOM OF NINTH
* Mitch Greer on to pitch for Alabama.
* Cooper strikes out swinging. That's four straight Auburn strikeouts.
* Tomscha grounds a double inside the bag at third.
* Sam Gillikin bats for Kelley and flies out to left.
* Patrick Savage bats for Glevenyak and lines a single to right, scoring Tomscha. It's 6-2.
* Austin walks.
* J.D. Crowe pinch hits for Cimo.
* Crowe walks on a 3-1 count.
* Tella comes to bat as the potential tying run.
* Right-hander Ray Castillo is on to pitch for Alabama.
* Tella strikes out swinging and the game is over. Alabama wins 6-2.
This post has been edited 26 times, most recently by PhillipMarshall on 3/28/2013 at 9:15 PM
Every game has been the same.You are spot on.
The writing has been on the wall for a long time I hope the right people can read.
ON TO VICTORY - STRIKE UP THE BAND
FREE AT LAST!
I Believe Auburn and Love IT...4 Life!
You should prepare yourself to live with the consequences of your decisions, whatever they may be.
haha. PM, you title a thread "Alabama adds to Auburn's Misery" but then can't understand why we are all so upset and irrational about our AD department.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports