In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2824
On this Board 1711Record: 6992 (11/25/2012)
Online now 2568Record: 9788 (12/4/2012)
The place for Tiger fans to talk football, basketball and recruiting
The place for Tiger fans to talk about everything Auburn and not!
Buy and sell your Auburn Tiger tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
As we continue to put the puzzle pieces back toghether after last years disaster, more interesting information comes available. We have had a lot of articles that mention the difference in the conditioning program and the players bodies this year. There has not been a single - that I have seen - article that really goes into some depth on what the heck happened to the conditioning program. If one of our media team family members would take that on, I, and I think others, would be very interested. Because of the huge importance of conditioning, it may be one of the largest factors behind the collapse last year. Questions would be:
1. What happened? Yox was THE BEST at one time.
2. Did he get undermined by the other staff?
3. Did his program just not keep up with the times?
4. Keihl supposedly at 35 # plus over ideal. Holland well above ideal. Whit well above ideal. Many others noted as "slimming down".......just how over ideal weight did our team become?
5. Is there a chart that can be made showing players weights last year (real, not program #) vs. this year?
6. We all talked about the amazing late third and entire fourth quarter collapses. Conditioning may have been at the root of this vs. mind set? Of course both going at the same time really answers a lot of questions.
So, would really like to see some hard numbers behind the discussion. Let us know if possible......WDE
Excellent questions...I think it was hinted at some months ago that a lack of commitment and discipline among the players was partially to blame, but also that Yox was undermined in some way...I'm looking forward to Bryan's response.
Let there be no doubt, I am indeed a proud Pop!! War Eagle!!
Coach Yox, I feel, got the brunt of a lot of crap from the fans last year. I do, however, believe that he couldn't do as he wanted to after Chizik came along. So, I say it's not his fault and little to no blame should be on him but on Chizik and the other coaches. From what I remember hearing, Yox could punish players anymore and had some authority taken from him by Chizik.
"A CHAMPION NEVER TAKES SHORTCUTS HE ALWAYS PAYS THE COST TO BE THE BOSS"
ON TO VICTORY - STRIKE UP THE BAND
"The thing about quotes from the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln
It's great to be an Auburn Tiger...
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports